Best Quick Services Places in Universal

DisneyTravelers2008

Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)
Im planning a trip for our family of 4 in January. Where are the best quick services places in Universal? What about at City Walk? I see they have a Moe's.

We have eaten at the Three Broomsticks and The Leaky Cauldron. What are some other good spots?

We're not really big fans of Universal quick service. My DD is a vegetarian and we were able to get decent sandwiches and paninis at Croissant Moon Bakery at IOA, plus she liked the Breadbox at Citywalk.

I like the Confisco Grill at IOA, but it is sit-down, not QS.

We don't do many quick service, we snack a lot and do the wonderful sit down places, but when we need a quick bite, we are fans of Louie's Pizza. Nothing over the top awesome, but good, basic pizza, meatball subs, and the kids split the alfredo. Again, basic quick service fare in a good part of the park, inside seating with some A/C (doors are open a lot, so major heat will find it's way in), good enough for one stop when we are there for a few days.

We are looking forward to having a Duff beer at Moe's Tavern and eating at Springfield next summer when we are there for 9 days.

Our favorites :
Studios: Monsters Café, Krusty burger
IOA: Thunder Falls Terrace
Resorts: Sals marketplace at Portofino Bay

Fast Food Boulevard has some good choices - Krusty Burger and Cletus' Chicken Shack are both good. I haven't tried it yet, but the Bumblebee Man's Tacos are supposed to be good.

One of our favorite "quick" service places is Red Oven Pizza in CityWalk. Good pizza and very good prices (for being amusement park adjacent) - $12 to $14 for a pizza that should feed two, unless you have a big eater in the group.

Moe's tavern is just a tavern however right there is the Simpsons Food Court Called Fast Food Blvd., with a Krusty Burger, Cletus Chicken Shack, The Frying Dutchman, Luigi's Pizza, Lisa's treehouse of Terror (vegetarian items) it is a great place to have everyone get something they want. Also in Simpsons but outside of (Fast Food Blvd.) Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck and Lard Lad Donuts. I wanted to try the Korean LA BBQ Taco it looked really good.

As far as Island of Adventure we usually leave the park and hit Citywalk.

Cowfish, really good and fast, but look at the menu it is limited.
Hot Dog Hall of Fame if you just want a hot dog
Red Oven Pizza has good pizza
I haven't tried the breadbox which is sandwiches but I heard it was pretty good.

Don't eat at Richter Burgers, we just ate there and the only good thing I can say is they had a toppings bar and tater tots. The "shakes" there are just soft served ice cream. It was really disappointing. But if you want a mediocre burger with chocolate and/or vanilla ice cream then this is the place to go.

IOA if you don't want to leave the park

The Pizza at Cafe 4 was pretty good for theme park pizza
Ditto for the Chicken at Thunder Falls Terrace

Another vote for Red Oven Pizza. DD and I shared a pizza and salad. Very good. Avoid Mel's Diner. Waited a long time for a pitiful burger. DD commented that she's had better burgers from a sports concession stand.

My DD is a vegetarian and we were able to get decent sandwiches and paninis at Croissant Moon Bakery at IOA, plus she liked the Breadbox at Citywalk.

The potato leek soup at 3 Broomsticks is vegetarian!

Good to know about Croissant Moon; we despised the sandwich at that place in US, the health nut or whatever it's called.

I love the veggie burger at Richters!

Glad to see votes for Red Oven, as that's one of my plans for DD and I in January - to split a pizza and maybe a salad.

The potato leek soup at 3 Broomsticks is vegetarian!

Good to know about Croissant Moon; we despised the sandwich at that place in US, the health nut or whatever it's called.

I love the veggie burger at Richters!

At the 3 Broomsticks she just gets potatoes and corn. She tried the scotch egg at Leaky Cauldron but didn't like it.

At the 3 Broomsticks she just gets potatoes and corn. She tried the scotch egg at Leaky Cauldron but didn't like it.

Scotch egg isn't vegetarian at all, so I'm glad she didn't like it. Unless they have some hidden veggie version that they didn't tell me about when I was ordering the Ploughman's without the Scotch egg but with extra other stuff...

Oops, I thought she asked them what was in it, maybe it was a communication issue! The worker kept trying to get us to buy a meal package there, and we had a hard time understanding what she was saying.

Scotch egg isn't vegetarian at all, so I'm glad she didn't like it. Unless they have some hidden veggie version that they didn't tell me about when I was ordering the Ploughman's without the Scotch egg but with extra other stuff...

OP........good quick service options in both parks are.....

Studios........Louie`s without a doubt is cheap and cheerful.......then over to Ben & Jerry`s for dessert.....any other quick service there has disappointed. We have tried Monster Café and won`t eat in there again. With Richter Burger......ok but not great.

Simpson`s food court is good too in Studios.......lots of options from chicken and waffles, burgers, pizza, fish or shrimp, salads and wraps.

IOA..........Thunder Falls Terrace for the best chicken wrap around or chicken and ribs combo. My DH enjoyed a burger from there too. Burger Digs we found awful and wouldn't go back there. Blondies is a good sandwich option, but there`s nowhere else I would recommend for counter service in there.

Consider Mythos and maybe Confisco Grill.......table service but not expensive.......

Never eaten at counter service in Citywalk, but consider Margaritaville and the new NBC Grill......gets good reviews.

Oops, I thought she asked them what was in it, maybe it was a communication issue! The worker kept trying to get us to buy a meal package there, and we had a hard time understanding what she was saying.

That's definitely rotten communication! Scotch egg is an egg wrapped in sausage with bread crumbs then baked or deepfried . I hope you got the Team Members name (if you kept receipts it should have her name on the receipt) and you can write in belatedly. It's more than vegetarians who would be negatively impacted by potential surprise sausage.

When looking at menus for counter service it appears that the kids dining deal is a good deal unless I am missing something.

I just looked at menus for Mythos and Confisco Grill....those are really good prices for theme parks....

I just looked at menus for Mythos and Confisco Grill....those are really good prices for theme parks....

Exactly, which is why we eat at Mythos nearly every time we're in IOA. The price disparity is so minor there compared to other parks. I'd do Lombard's in Universal more often too if I had more seafood lovers in my crew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter