Best quick service options in the parks?

Antonio

Mouseketeer
For the first time my family is skipping the DDP and just winging it with quick service places on the go. We usually eat at the same quick service spots in each park with our QS credit and need more options. Give me your favorite places and if possible favorite dish in each place. Disney is always easier when you plan in our right and I want to pick my FP+ around the proximity of the places I eat. Thanks in advance.

For the first time my family is skipping the DDP and just winging it with quick service places on the go. We usually eat at the same quick service spots in each park with our QS credit and need more options. Give me your favorite places and if possible favorite dish in each place. Disney is always easier when you plan in our right and I want to pick my FP+ around the proximity of the places I eat. Thanks in advance.

What kind of food are you looking for? That can make a difference.

EPCOT has the best QS options--I like many of them, especially Sunshine Seasons at the Land Pavilion in FutureWorld because they have so many options, Tangierine Cafe at the Morocco Pavilion in World Showcase (chicken shawarma platter), Katsura Grill at the Japan Pavilion in World Showcase (teriyaki salmon, tempura shrimp), and the Yorkshire County Fish Shop at the UK Pavilion in World Showcase. HS is really hard, but I tend to go to the Studio Catering Company--I think its closing :sad: soon, so will have to stick to my sit downs at the Hollywood Brown Derby. MK, the only one I like anymore really is Be Our Guest for lunch, but you have to make an ADR still. I actually like pretty much all of the QS options at AK. Anyway, just my opinions. Have fun planning...and eating!

Magic Kingdom - QS at Casey's Corner: Footlong Hot Dog covered in pulled pork and slaw. You can go more traditional and get it with chili, mustard, & onions.
Animal Kingdom - QS at Flame Tree BBQ: I always get the BBQ chicken & Rib combo

I'm branching out beyond the dining plan for my next trip and will have Sleepy Hollow and Friar Tuck's on my list in the MK, which offer snacks and meals but were never covered under the dining plan previously. People here seem to really like both locations and I'm eager to try them. I'm also a fan of Columbia Harbor House in MK (and have traveled with someone who has a shellfish allergy and was able to eat there). Starring Rolls in DHS is also a personal favorite. I'm anxious to try Hamarabe Markets in AK.

If you're in Magic Kingdom, I would stop by Be Our Guest and see if they have room for walkups. I love the roast pork with mashed potatoes and the orange eclair. The last couple times we were there we were able to get in for lunch without an ADR even though there was no availability online.

We don't do much QS but we have in the past found food we are willing to eat at Yorkshire Fish and Chips, Tangierine Cafe, and Starring Rolls. I've wanted to try Sunshine Seasons but haven't been in that area at a time when we're ready to eat; that's on the list for a future trip. Generally we stick to two TS meals a day (breakfast and early dinner) and snack midday as needed. For snacks, I've found fruit and veggie sticks at Liberty Square Market, or we grab a bakery treat or ice cream.

Last edited:
Epcot in China Pavilion - great fried rice and egg rolls.
Animal Kingdom - Egg Roles at Yack and Yeti
Any pretzel cart anywhere

My DD and I love Yak & Yeti at DAK for lunch (or dinner early, as that park doesn't tend to stay open quite so late). We get one order of honey chicken, a side order of fried rice, and an order of egg rolls to share, then do our best to try but cannot even finish it all! We actually are planning our first full day next trip to go to that park, and she commented that we have to eat there - I told her that's why I planned that park! It's so fattening, but I am craving it!

I agree that lunch at BOG is amazingly good. We were on the dining plan last trip (free qsdp) and so each ordered soup, and entree (sandwich) and drink (they let us sub out the soup for dessert). We left half our food not eaten - way too much food! The roast beef sandwich and French onion soup were so good.

Epcot - food heaven. It's so fun to snack around the world.

The one place that isn't our favorite is DHS. I have, however, found 3 barstools at the Tune In Lounge at the 50's Prime Time Cafe (me and the kids) years ago, and they serve the full menu at the bar (and yes, kids are allowed to sit at the bar there). DD and I shared the fried chicken (yum - and they served it already split and gave us each the side dishes which were probably double since it was a lot of food) and DS got a kids meal hot dog. It was quite reasonable (although wine was drank by me and I got the kids drinks with glow cubes - we were just ducking in out of a sudden rain shower but enjoyed it). Last trip DD and I ate at Pizza Planet (first time) and it was really very good, but I heard they're closing. ABC Commissary - yuck each and every time. Maybe it's better? I have avoided it for a few years now. You can take the boat to the Boardwalk, where there are more choices!

MK CR not so much for the food but it's a tradition and Sunny Eclipse, BOG but make an ADR for lunch, CHH go upstairs to eat it's quieter
DHS ABC but I only ever get a salad there
AK Flametree and restaurantsaurous
EPCOT the end of my atempt to diet on vacation TC my favorite and most platters are big enough to split, SS, Les Hailles, Kringla, Grey Goose slush from Les Vins, my dh says the qs in Germany is good

AK - we like the Yak and Yeti quick service. There is also a cart that has egg rolls - we always get some of those at some point during the trip.
MK - BOG, if you can get an ADR. We like the waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow. Columbia Harbor House also has some good choices.
Epcot - the grilled cheese cart outside of Test Track was surprisingly good. It was a great small meal.
HS - There isn't any counter service in HS that really stands out, IMO. We left and took the boat to Beaches and Cream last time. That was a nice mid-day break. While it is considered TS and you need an ADR, the prices aren't bad.

I loved BoG for lunch. That was really the only place that stood out at MK. I wish MK had Epcot-quality QS options since we spend more time there.
So many like Columbia Harbor House, but I didn't care for it.
Dh likes Cosmic Ray's.
We really didn't eat much at MK. Most of our meals on MK days were either back at the resort or they were TS meals at Downtown Disney (now Disney Springs) or at other resorts.

At Epcot, there are so many great places. We ate QS at San Angel. It wasn't the TS. Just a Mexican food stand. It was good.
Garden Grille has a QS section where you can get meals with fresh vegetables. Dh liked that.

MK--all time favorite is BOG but I also enjoy the waffle with fruit from Sleepy Hollow.

Epcot--the bakery in Norway--love the sandwiches and looking forward to trying the meatballs next time I go.

HS--nothing ever stands out to me here, so I usually end up at 50s or Sci Fi.

AK--Flame Tree BBQ

MK: CHH, tuna sandwich
AK: Either Flametree (BBQ pork sandwich) or Y&Y CS (honey chicken)
DHS: Unfortunately, hven't found a CS I like there :crazy2:
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons (Rotisserie chicken or pork chop); Yorkshire Fish & Chips; Lotus Blossom (potstickers)
Disney Springs: WPE (BBQ chicken pizza/creme brulee); Earl of Sandwich (Roast beef sandwich, tomato soup)

Epcot--the bakery in Norway--love the sandwiches and looking forward to trying the meatballs next time I go.
If they are the same meatballs that are served at Akershus for lunch I didn't care for them, and I am not that picky.

Epcot - Germany Sommerfest - the hotdogs and pretzels.. So yummy. The pretzels were so delicious!!!
Caseys Corner MK the Polish sausage w/ stoneground mustard
If it's still there... Spicy chicken waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow MK

Hello! This is one of the things I love about DIsney....their counter service places offer a great variety of foods so you are not stuck with burgers and pizza (unless of course you want to be then they have you covered there as well)

I am not a big fan of meat, so keep that in mind for my suggestions....If you are a big meat lover then your preferences may be different :)

Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbour House, Fried Shrimp Platter
Epcot: Les Halles (France bakery), Spinach and Goat cheese Quiche and Strawberry Tart for dessert
Animal Kingdom: Yak and Yeti Local foods, Honey Chicken
Disney Studios: Backlot Express, Grilled Veggie Sandwich

Good luck with your choices!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter