Best Quick Service Meals At The Four Major Parks

manooly

Mouseketeer
I will be in Disney World on 8/24 through 9/1. We are staying at CBR and on the Disney Dining Plan. I have most of my Table Service Reservations set. I was just curious as to what this community thought about the best Quick Service meals at the four major Disney World Parks (MK, HS, AK and Epcot)? I'd love to see what you all have to say about where to eat while visiting each of them. I look forward to your feedback!

Thanks for your time!

- manooly

The only one that i continuously return to is Columbia Harbour House in MK ( just a bit outside of the HM)
The food is quality (for CS) and they seem to have ample seating. I tend to go at off times, but this place never feels overly crowded or rush

The only quick service place that I make a point of going to is Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom.

MK has several good CS places--there is lots of variety at Cosmic Ray's but it gets crowded at peak times, Columbia Harbor House has great fish and is usually less busy as is Pinochio's. Pecos Bill's has great burgers and a great toppings bar.

EPCOT--Future World has Sunshine Seasons at EPCOT--lots of great options, healthier than many CS places. World Showcase has great options (my favorite at Mexico is closed for the time being)

DHS--Starring Rolls! I had always walked right by this place until last October. They have awesome sandwiches and the cupcakes are simply to die for! They close at 4 p.m., though.

AK--Flame Tree Barbeque is my fave. I also like the sandwiches at Pizzafari.

Happy eating! We are going back for our third year of free dining in October. I can't wait!:woohoo:

Our choices are these:

MK

Cosmic Ray's isn't bad, and they offer a pretty good variety. The problem is that you have to split your party if one person wants a burger, someone wants chicken, etc and then meet up at your table.

Columbia Harbor House is pretty good. Seems more "out of the way" and not as crowded as other places.

Pecos Bill - okay, we like the fixin's bar.

AK

Flame Tree. It's been a favorite for some time, and we generally eat there for our CS in the AK.

DHS

We'll eat at Backlot Express or Toy Story Pizza Planet, but neither is great. It would take a lot of money to get me to eat at ABC Commisary again.

Epcot

Sunshine Seasons - very nice selection of foods, can be a bit crowded (even for Disney), but the best CS at Epcot outside of the world showcase.

In the showcase, we like Tangerine Cafe, and I like Yakitori House. We tend to snack around the world showcase, actually, rather than eat a full meal.

MK-Columbia Harbor House
EPCOT-Cantina but closed st this time, Usually go to Kringla Bakey in Norway and use a snack credit
AK-Flame Tree BBQ
HS-Pizza Planet
DTD-Wolfgang Puck Express

I completely concur. I love Columbia Harbour House. The fish is tasty and I like the upstairs seating! I actually crave this place sometimes :banana:

Our overall favorite is definitely Tangierine Cafe in Epcot. This meal is better than many of the TS places at WDW.

Others that we like are Columbia Harbor House, Flame Tree and Sunshine Seasons.

Pecos Bill's at MK....we love the toppings bar, I love their chicken wrap, and DF loves the taco salad!

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot...they make a wonderful turkey on foccacia sandwich and the salad they serve it with is so light and refreshing! It's a QS place that never leaves us with that 'junk food' feeling.

Those are my favorites!

We actually enjoy the following:

AK Flame Tree
Epcot Kringla in Norway ( we just discovered this place and now it will be a must do for us)
MK We love the taco salads at Pecos Bill. It is a must do for us
DHS To be honest we really are not big favorites of any food here. If we must pick it would be Catalina Eddie's or Rosie's All American We tend to have sit down lunch or dinner here, but go to Epcot for our CS. I agree with one of the post..Disney would have to pay us a big fee to go to the ABC Commissary again

Good Luck!!!!

For me it's the following cs's.

MK- Cosmic Rays
Epcot -Sunshine Seasons or Tangerine Cafe (depends on the mood)
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
DHS - None. If forced then Starring Rolls is average

As for ABC Commissary and a pp; you could not pay me enough money to put anything served in that restaurant into my digestive system again. :rotfl2:

Our favorites are:
Magic Kingdom - El Pedrico
Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree
Hollywood Studios - Starring Rolls

We've never had Counter Service at Epcot.

For me it's the following cs's.

MK- Cosmic Rays
Epcot -Sunshine Seasons or Tangerine Cafe (depends on the mood)
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
DHS - None. If forced then Starring Rolls is average

As for ABC Commissary and a pp; you could not pay me enough money to put anything served in that restaurant into my digestive system again. :rotfl2:

I would eat at ABC again. In fact, if anyone from Disney is reading this: we are going in August, and currently have 2 rooms at POFQ. Bump us to Savannah view rooms at AKL for the entire stay, and I will try ABC commisary again. ;)

(And if get upgraded to Grand Floridian - I'll say ABC is great, even if I have to post while having my stomach pumped. :lmao:)

When I'm at MK I almost ALWAYS eat at Pecos Bill Cafe. Last time I was at MK however I got the tuna sandwhich at Columbia Harbour House and that might have to be my new thing now, it was really good, plus it's a pretty healthy option, which can be hard to find sometimes.

I don't really have a favorite at Epcot. Usually we take our time going around the World Showcase and eat and drink our way around, even when we're not there for the Food & Wine Festival. We'll stop at some of the outside kiosks and get fish & chips in England for example, or a quesadilla in Mexico, a hand rolled pretzel in Germany, sushi in Japan...you get the idea. Even tho I don't have a favorite, this is my favorite thing to do while visiting WDW.

At Mgm, we like the Backlot Express. I've gotten a greek salad there that was good and right next to the counter there's a bar where they make really good (and refreshing on a hot day) margaritas.

In Animal Kingdom, I like the garden salad with bbq chicken at Flame Tree BBQ, but more recently I like to go to that Tamu Tamu refreshments in Africa and get the tuna salad and then sit and eat it at the Dawa Bar with an ice cold Safari Amber beer.

Mmmmmm, ok, now I'm hungry again.
:dance3:

MK: Cosmic Ray's (Pecos Bill's a close second)
EP: Sunshine Seasons
DAK: Flame Tree BBQ
DHS: Backlot Express

MK: Columbia Harbor House - echoing the masses it seems on this one, but they have really good and different offerings from most CS places. My vegetarian partner loves their veggie chili, I like the clam chowder & tuna sandwich.

Epcot: Tangerine Cafe - Another good option for vegetarians, as you can get hummus, tabouleh, falafel, etc. Nice refreshing food on a hot day as well.

AK: We went to Pizzafari since that was really the only CS here with vegetarian options, but they have a really good Italian sandwich for the meat eaters.

DHS: I always have trouble finding good food here, so none.

I completely concur. I love Columbia Harbour House. The fish is tasty and I like the upstairs seating! I actually crave this place sometimes :banana:

I usually don't mention the upstairs seating too much, seems like nobody knows and it is your own private area. ;)

MK: Columbia Harbour House - LOVE the fried shrimp plate. If one of us wants a burger we go to Cosmic Rays. The food is average CS, but there are a lot of options (but it is a bit of a pain in the tail to wait in seperate lines).
Epcot: Tangierine Cafe for the chicken/lamb schwarma platter. :lovestruc Sunshine Seasons for variety.
AK: Flame Tree is our favorite...but if it is crazy hot and we need AC, we enjoy Pizzafari (love the hot italian sandwich).
DHS: Haven't found anything we love yet. :sad2:

MK- Columbia Harbor Hse, Cosmic Rays, Peco Bills

Ak- Yak N Yati , Pizzafari

DHS- None

Epcot - Sunshine seasons, Tangerine cafe

DTD- Wolf Gang puck express, Earl of sandwich

Ak resort- Mara

Pop Century- Lots of good options in the foodcourt
II recommend the Chicken w red sauce and Penny Pasta if you ask you can get white sauce if you prefer that.

MK- Columbia Harbour House
EPCOT-Sunshine Seasons, Tangierene Cafe, Boulangerie Patisserie, Fish n Chips in England, Kringla Bakeri
DHS-Starring Rolls
AK-Flame Tree BBQ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter