• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best QS meal at resorts?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
We have one QS meal left to plan and will not have park tickets this trip. We will be staying at Kidani but distance is not really and issue since we don't have park tickets and have all day to explore. We usually do our QS in the parks and are not familiar with the resort options so I figured I'd turn to the boards for some advice and suggestions!

We love Captain Cook's at the Poly. You could always hop a bus to the MK and then tour the monorail resorts with a stop at CC.

Another option would be the food court at AoA. We visited there one evening on our last trip and really enjoyed the different offerings at the food court. We then spent some time exploring AoA. It made for a fun evening.

Wolfgang Puck at DTD is the best option. Boardwalk area is fun to visit and has some decent food options.

The Wolfgang Puck Express and Captain Cook ideas look great, although I haven't tried either yet.

Of those I've tried, I really liked Contempo Café.

Just chiming in on POP and AoA. We have stayed at POP 9 times, the food used to be GREAT! Especially the mom's night out TV dinners served in the metal trays but the last 2 times we stayed at POP (Nov 2015 & Dec 2014) we were not impressed with the food anymore. They have changed everything! The tye dye cheesecake used to look like this and was yummy!
images

now it looks like this:
images
and it is disgusting!

I remember our first few trips to POP, our kids always wanted to eat there. We would suggest eating at a park and they would wait till we left the parks just to get to eat at POP. They are cutting corners and you can tell! After our first night of being disappointed at POP, we went over to AoA and we were so excited to try it. We were parties of 6 and we all got something different so we could all try different things.
They do have a few things that are different options but personally, nothing we had was anything I would go back for. Again, these are only my opinion and there are far better QS at Disney Springs than at any resort.
WPE is amazing! and I have heard great things about some of the newer QS in DS, like Blaze Pizza (kind of like a Subway/Chipotle for pizza). I will definitely be making a trip to Blaze and WPE when we are there in September! :yay:

If you'll be around your resort area I'd eat at The Mara at Jambo House. It's one of the best quick service restaurants. If you have an opportunity, try the soups there...they are the same as the ones served at Boma and they're all delicious.

Thanks for all the advice! I love the boards :worship:

We will be using our TS credit for Ohana so Mara and Wolfgang Puck Express are at the top of our list for QS right now. Anyone know how the burger is at the pool bar at Kidani? It stuck out to my hubby but we have never ate at the pool bar.
Unrelated to food but how long is the bus ride to Disney Springs from Kidani and how long is the walk from the Disney Springs bus stop to Wolfgang Puck Express? Just trying to figure out how much extra time would be committed or if we should try Mara. We have never had either and both look great so it may come down to how much time we have left in the day!

Our favorite resort CS is Captain Cooks at the Poly, followed by Mara at AKL and Roaring Forks at WL (love both equally). In DS, our favorite is Wolfgang Puck Express.

I would 2nd or 3rd Wolfgang Puck Express. Have eaten at a couple of his restaurants and the food is as good at the express and it is a pretty extensive meal. I do not think it will let you down. However the bus stop is basically at the southern entrance to Westside of Disney. You would have to walk all the way across. However by taking the bridge across will save time.

Great food is always worth a good walk and without parks we wont be in nearly as much of a hurry. Is the walk 10 minutes, more like 20 mins? just so I have an idea. We also love Roaring Fork but want to try something new so I am excited to see it equal with Mara. I have stopped into Mara to grab some Zebra Domes but that's it.
Any favorites at Mara??
How is the salmon or 1/2 chicken platter?

Both the Mara and Captain Cooks are excellent. We've stayed at Poly and Kidani and I would suggest both locations. I was disappointed in Gasparilla Grill at the Grand Floridian and wouldn't suggest it.

Captain Cooks at the Poly - for me Aloha Pork Sandwich, DH Bacon Cheeseburger, DD (me sometimes) Asian noodles w/ Shrimp, SIL Big Kahuna we love to get out of the parks for a breather and ride the monorail over for lunch.

POR Riverside Mill - They have a create your own, pasta and salad which for my family is a good combo. The shrimp salad po' boy, and the muffaletta both are really good. You could check out the resort, then boat ride down to DS.

Disney Springs - Wolfgangs Pucks Express - Chicken pot pie, and some interesting pizza, flat breads. We also like EOS simple but tasty..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter