• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best purse/backpack/hip pack to carry around ship?

ktmt

Earning My Ears
Hello,
I'm not sure exacly what we'll be carrying around on the cruise, or for the islands, but I'll at least have:
4 epi-pens
wave phone
IDs

What do you carry around as your purse/tote bag/ backpack? I've tried different things each trip to WDW, and I can't say I've settled on a favorite.

I carry a two pack of Epi Pens easily in my LeSportsac Kasey. There is a slightly bigger model bag (not sure name) that would probably be more comfy for 4. They are rather inexpensive on Amazon and are lightweight on their own. (I find Vera Bradley a bit on the heavy side even empty.)

I also carried iPhone, credit cards, some cash, lipstick, some papers in it.

I like Bagallini cross-body bags for travel. They come in many styles, sizes, and colors. Ebags.com carries them and frequently runs specials.

I usually carry a mini hipster from vera bradley. They don't hold that much but they hold enough for me! I usually carry around my ID, kttw, and my wave phone and camera. It fits barely but it does fit!!

I use my Thirty-One bags all the time. I carry the epi-pens in a thermal pouch and stick it in the vary you backpack. Most of the time I change the straps and wear it as a crossbody. I have found it to be perfect!

I'm taking Auvi-Q's instead of epi-pens and hoping I can fit 4 in a Vera Bradley mini hipster. I'm taking a larger purse for travel and will use that if it starts to get annoyingly crowded. Either that, or make my husband carry the Auvi-Q's!

Thanks for these ideas.

I've tried a le sportsac before, but it was way bigger than the kasey, and it got too heavy because guess who ends up carrying everything in her bag!

Also tried the vera bradley regular hipster, will take a look at the mini.

Also will take a look at the others mentioned. I'm looking for something not too small, not too big, not too heavy....just right =)

Friend of mine researched this one and I kinda took it from him last minute for my latest trip on the Dream :D
http://pacsafe.com/www/index.php?_room=3&_action=detail&id=226
Felt like overkill for this trip but good to have the added security nonetheless

And my favourite bag for the past few years Lowepro Passport
http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Passp...d=1401154138&sr=8-1&keywords=lowepro+passport
I can carry my DSLR+ extra lens safely but also with room to spare for kiddie snacks, drinks etc and room for a lot more as it is expandable. Several outer pockets for napkins etc to clean up any messes but one is big enough to fit my thermo and my kids bottle . Style suits my wife better but I can bare it and it is comfortable to use all day. The top is soft enough for my kid to sit on like on a bike when she was younger so I could carry her for much longer periods of time. btw folds flat so I can have it in my checked luggage

Geil - I bet dh would love the camera bag, instead of me lugging it around in its case in my bag!

I use my Thirty-One bags all the time. I carry the epi-pens in a thermal pouch and stick it in the vary you backpack. Most of the time I change the straps and wear it as a crossbody. I have found it to be perfect!

What kind of thermal pouch do you use? We've just been carrying ours in a zipper pencil case that has worked for the past few years...but it will be so hot on the islands, not sure what to do there.

I like Bagallini cross-body bags for travel. They come in many styles, sizes, and colors. Ebags.com carries them and frequently runs specials.

I second the Bagalini! I bought a Promenade Crossbody for our WDW/DCL trip last summer, and loved it so much, that I bought it in a second color. It has a long cross body strap, a tethered zipper pouch that I use for cards and cash/coin, and a padded section big enough for a Kindle or mini iPad. It's nylon, so it's kept electronics dry in a rain shower.

Geil - I bet dh would love the camera bag, instead of me lugging it around in its case in my bag!

This one is really nice! And if you don't carry your camera with you just take the whole foam sleeve out and all the room is for whatever you desire. I do fear you end up carrying it as it is not a very manly bag lol
My wife used to use this as a diaper bag when our little one was small and then eventually she went back to her purse when the kid ditched her diapers and it is back to being my bag. :D

I could be out to lunch here, which is why I'm asking. Why 4 epipens? Aren't they all the same? Wouldn't two be enough? One for initial dose and a backup?

As much as I hate the idea of carrying anything, I do have the need. I also use a Baggallini so I have easy access to my camera and trading pins. I used to carry an autograph book around for the kids as well, but that trend seems to have waned.

I have a Coach cross body that I use all the time. Perfect size because it's not too bulky.

I'm not the OP, but my 4 Auvi-Q's are because 2 of my kids are peanut allergic. So 2 for each one. I'm actually bringing 12, I think. I will carry 4 at a time and hopefully use none of them. We are flying Southwest, so that ups the fear factor.

I have a Coach cross body that I use all the time. Perfect size because it's not too bulky.

Same here! Perfect size to carry phone, small wallet, lip gloss, my Imitrex, and a few other items. Never bulky and it's very convenient!

I'm not the OP, but my 4 Auvi-Q's are because 2 of my kids are peanut allergic. So 2 for each one. I'm actually bringing 12, I think. I will carry 4 at a time and hopefully use none of them. We are flying Southwest, so that ups the fear factor.

Oh, I feel for you flying Southwest! I'll keep you guys in my thoughts, when do you fly? We are flying US Airways/United. Can't say it's the best experience flying with them, but at least they don't serve peanuts anymore. We carry about 6 epis on the plan, but then only 1 of mine is ana to peanuts. The other we're not sure about, but he's tried pb once and hasn't reacted...need to test again to make sure.

To the poster asking about 4 epi-pens. 1 epi only lasts 10-15 minutes. So in the event we need coverage for 45 min-1 hour to get her monitored, need to be prepared, especially on the islands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter