• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best princess dining? Akersus vs. CRT

Belle, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty are all french...Snow White is German...Ariel is Dutch...

Not to be picky (because I think your point is well made) but the author of the Little Mermaid fairy tale, Hans Christian Andersen, was Danish rather than Dutch. And actually, if you consider that the Disney version of the Little Mermaid seems to have a home under the sea not far from Prince Eric's castle, she might be considered Norwegian, since Eric was originally an Old Norse name.

First, I am still debating on if we will get the DDP. My DD is 2 and loves the princesses, especially Ariel and Cinderella. I have ADR for dinner at CRT. I also have ADR at Akersus for dinner. However, after looking at the menu for Akersus, I don't think that there is anything I'd want to eat there for dinner. How is Akersus for breakfast? What princesses have you seen at Akersus?

I also have ADRs at 1900 Park Fare (dinner w/ Cinderella) and Play n Dine and CM.

Please help me decide what is best for my 2 yr old? Maybe I just won't do the DDP and pay OOP and not worry about getting my money's worth w/ the DDP!

Don't forget you can see Ariel in her Grotto near Pinnochio's Village Haus. The line may seem long, but it really isn't that bad, and if you don't mind the girls getting wet they have a great play area for the kids where you can watch them while you are in line and then let them catch up to you when you are closer. The only reason the line is a little long is because of how long she takes with each of the kids when they get to her. There is a PhotoPass photographer in there, and she/he will snap away for you. I got over a dozen pics since I told her I was buying the CD. Ariel's in her tail, and she's great (at least the 2 I've seen over 3 years' time). My niece was soaked from playing in the water area and Ariel pulled her to her and exclaimed how delightful it was that she was wet! Got some great interaction photos.

As for the meals, I've done Akershus twice and CRT and Park Fare once each. I'll continue to do the Akershus breakfast, and Park Fare was great! I won't do the CRT again, and wish I hadn't have wasted the credit to do it the first time. The food wasn't as good, and my niece barely ate anything because of it. At Akershus, when she was tired of the eggs and wanted pancakces (her fave right now), they brought her pancakes when we requested them. Akershus is much better, more friendly, and take more time with the kids. Park Fare has the Prince, Cinderella, and the Steps. The Step-sisters are a riot!

Plan to visit Ariel in Fantasyland as early as you can and the line won't be so bad.

Akershus is wonderful for breakfast! We love this meal!

I suggest you keep 1900 for dinner and Akershus (or move Akershus to breakfast) - and look for Ariel in her grotto.

We have had breakfast at CRT, lunch at Norway and dinner at Park Fare.... loved them all.... this trip we are trying dinner at CRT and dinner at Norway.... we have an extra dining credit because our arrival night is late and departure day is early so we are using it for CRT... as far as the food in Norway... I had their traditional meal... its a beef/sausage meatloaf.... it was great!!!! I think it is on their dinner menu as well.... also my DD is a vegetarian and they cooked a fabulous special meal for her.... great service and great character interaction....

We had dinner at Akershus this summer. Belle for the photo and then Cinderella, Ariel, Aurora and Jasmine, but there is no guarantee who you will get. Everyone at our table really enjoyed the meal. One of the better meals we had. We plan on eating there again on our next trip. :)

I agree!! I LOVED my meal there. I had the Traditional Kjottkaker and I plan on making an ADR for dinner during our July trip. My niece will be 8 when we go and I know she'll love it.

I changed my ADR's this morning, as I was at my 90 day mark...I gave up CRT for breakfast....(have had dinner here before...only 2 mice showed up!)
I booked Akershus for breakfast and 1900 Park Fare for dinner...think we will have most of the princesses covered!
Thanks for all the reviews here!!

DD2 met Ariel in her grotto at MK...get there right away and get in line, great photo op here and the water spray jet area is fun as well for those who wee inquiring earlier.

We are having dinner at Epcot with the princesses......should I dress my 4 year old up in princess garb? Do the other girls do that?

We are doing all 3 for dinner this year. We went to 1900 Park Fare and liked it, and are excited to try the others.

Can anyone tell me more about CRT's dinner. I know Fairy godmother and mice are there, but what is it that they do? Is it a show that is on randomly? I think the lady told me they don't come to the tables? Is that correct. We just wanted to try the castle once. And I kept calling back and finally got a ADR for 9:35 PM on March 8.
How early should we arrive? Wishes is at 9, so I know the area will probably be gridlocked for awhile, but do want to watch Spectro, so I guess our best bet would be to try and watch Spectro not to far away, and then make our way over?

I say Akershus for breakfast. We did the lunch and it was blech for us. :crazy2: For Akershus lunch we got Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, Cindy, and Belle in her blue dress.

CRT is nice to see the castle, we did the lunch and I think if I had to do it again I'd do the breakfast there.

I've heard the dinner at 1900 PF is wonderful and the Stepmothers and Stepsisters are a sight to see. Plus you get Cindy for sure and Prince Charming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter