Best Price Per Point for AKV

IrishTink

DIS Veteran
Please let me know where you've had luck recently purchasing a contract with less than 150 pts at AKV for prices similar to what I'm seeing in the ROFR thread. Most of the resale sites I've been watching are much higher than the contracts passing ROFR and I'm wondering where people are finding them. I'm also reading where certain contracts say they will only accept offers for the listed price per point. My first contract was purchased direct from the seller with us sending our signed contract direct to DVD for the ROFR process. Does anyone even do that anymore?

Many of the reported sales here were buyers who put in lower offers and had sellers accept those offers. All you can do is find a contract you like and put in a bid....if you keep getting turned down, just keep trying.

I tried to get RIV at a low level for over 6 contracts, and got turned down...all ending up selling higher than I wanted and glad now.

My first contract was purchased direct from the seller with us sending our signed contract direct to DVD for the ROFR process. Does anyone even do that anymore?
It doesn't seem as common anymore. I see the occasional listing by a private seller on FB and I'm sure there are other places (maybe ebay perhaps?) where private seller-buyer transactions occur.

Please let me know where you've had luck recently purchasing a contract with less than 150 pts at AKV for prices similar to what I'm seeing in the ROFR thread. Most of the resale sites I've been watching are much higher than the contracts passing ROFR and I'm wondering where people are finding them. I'm also reading where certain contracts say they will only accept offers for the listed price per point. My first contract was purchased direct from the seller with us sending our signed contract direct to DVD for the ROFR process. Does anyone even do that anymore?

Definitely just keep bidding. Never know what a seller will accept! The smaller contracts do seem a bit harder to find and/or harder to get amazing prices on.

Not sure how low you were going for but I got my 125 pt AKV for about 110 after I was reimbursed for some points that were supposed to be from the current UY that were actually banked but anyways it really depends more on the person and if they’re itching to sell and not so much on the broker. If you keep putting in offers someone will eventually bite. Something to consider though if you need those points for a trip thats coming up it may be more valuable to you to pay a couple dollars more per point than to just aim for the lowest price per point. As a result of me snagging my AKV points when I did I was able to swap the 2BR at BRV I had booked in September using my RIV points and then make the reservation with my brand spanking new AKV points. I then booked some RIV studios in February with my RIV points that I otherwise would not have been able to grab.

I see around 25 listings for AKV up to 150 points that range from $110-135 pp. always worth making offers to see what the sellers might take!

Before deciding that VGF was a better fit for our current needs, we made several offers on AKV and I believe we had counters in the low 100s—but that was a week or two ago now.

As others have said, just start making offers at a price you’d be enthusiastic about, and at some point you will hopefully get either an acceptance or a counter you are content with.

It also varies a lot by UY, Dec obviously having the most inventory prob makes it easier to buy for a lower price. I needed a March UY and there’s not as many of them for AKV so the listings I bid on weren’t willing to budge as much but if you don’t have a contract yet and have a couple UY that work for your travel times then you should be able to find something.

It also varies a lot by UY, Dec obviously having the most inventory prob makes it easier to buy for a lower price. I needed a March UY and there’s not as many of them for AKV so the listings I bid on weren’t willing to budge as much but if you don’t have a contract yet and have a couple UY that work for your travel times then you should be able to find something.
Why do you say Dec. has the most inventory?

Just find a contract to bite on a really good price. People, myself included get hung up on a few dollars here and there too much. Was putting in an offer for Bay Lake and had it a price where it could have been accepted who knows, but bumped it up two dollars to make the deal seem better. They did accept. Deal was still below average price and below the other three deeds in that point range that were recently recorded. Those two dollars would be be $200, so why risk not getting the contract you like over $200.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter