• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best price on tickets

I'd like to know this as well.

From what I can see, purchasing the tickets online from Universal seems to be the best deal.

I would love to know if you can get a better deal at military bases or grocery stores.

I purchased mine from a military ITT office today. $135 for third day free park hoppers, they would have cost $147 online. Not much of a discount, but every little bit counts.

I purchased mine from a military ITT office today. $135 for third day free park hoppers, they would have cost $147 online. Not much of a discount, but every little bit counts.

Do you get actual tickets, vouchers, or what? DH is retired AF, but we live hours from the nearest base. I'm wondering if we could have someone pick them up for us, or something. Saving $12 x 4 tickets is worth the effort.

Do you get actual tickets, vouchers, or what? DH is retired AF, but we live hours from the nearest base. I'm wondering if we could have someone pick them up for us, or something. Saving $12 x 4 tickets is worth the effort.

They charge $5 to have the tickets shipped to the base (required) and an additional $10 or $12 (optional) to have them shipped to your home.

In running the numbers on our trip I am actually going to go with Universal directly. We did this the last time and the print at home tickets worked just fine. We may actually add dining to them anyway. There was less than 10 savings overall.

I was going to order directly from universal until I realized that UT includes taxes and all fees. Be sure you are comparing apples to apples.

Princess Nancy, I was comparing apples to apples. I realized that UT and Maple Leaf tickets were priced with all fees and taxes inclusive. To compare the prices I went through the entire ordering process on Universal's site, but just didn't pay. That way all the taxes and fees were charged.

Thanks for pointing that out so that people don't mis-calculate though.

We purchased our tickets from DW tickets in 2007 and 2011. They have a store front in Orlando. Last year I waited until we arrived and ordered by phone from Universal. Picked them up from a kiosk at the front of of the park. Very easy.

Ordering them from Universal online saves you $20 off the gate price per ticket. That is the best savings I have found.

We have AP's so I don't have to buy regular tickets very often but when we do we buy from Universal online.

Different length of stay tickets are cheaper at different places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter