• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best price on Iphone 5s

findmewdw

Mouseketeer
We are currently with ATT and are looking to switch to their Mobile Share Value Plan. We can save a bit of money if we can have our own Iphones instead of signing a 2 year agreement. I know I can purchase on Ebay for under 500, but am a bit leery of doing so. Any deals for IPhone 5S?

You could try Apple refurbished. The iPhone 6 should be announced in early Sept so some will drop in price a bit on some models but the 5S is fairly new so not sure if that one will. Lots of people will be looking to sell their phones to buy the 6 so if you can find a reputable site you can buy one used. My plan is to sell my five to help offset the price of a new 6 because I'm liking the lower mobile share bill versus contract.

I've heard good things about swappa. I want to upgrade (I'm on straight talk so I need an unlocked AT&T phone) but I think prices will drop when the 6 comes out. There is a place on eBay where Apple resells. I have it bookmarked at work. I think they just had the 5.

Costco has the 5s for $99 (16gig) … but you do need a 2 year contract … which you can do with the mobile share plan.

We have 5 iPhones on our plan … 4 of them were under contract but the contract was made before February 2014 so we were able to change to the mobile share and pay just $15 for those phones. At the same time my husband upgraded his 'original' iPhone from 2009 to the new 5s at Costco for $99 and his phone. Our bill dropped $100 with the shared 10 gig per month plan.

Costco has the 5s for $99 (16gig) … but you do need a 2 year contract … which you can do with the mobile share plan.

We have 5 iPhones on our plan … 4 of them were under contract but the contract was made before February 2014 so we were able to change to the mobile share and pay just $15 for those phones. At the same time my husband upgraded his 'original' iPhone from 2009 to the new 5s at Costco for $99 and his phone. Our bill dropped $100 with the shared 10 gig per month plan.

The contract adds $25 a month to the bill for each phone so they would be a total of $40 each per month instead of $15.

I've heard good things about swappa. I want to upgrade (I'm on straight talk so I need an unlocked AT&T phone) but I think prices will drop when the 6 comes out. There is a place on eBay where Apple resells. I have it bookmarked at work. I think they just had the 5.

I will look into swappa. I didn't see anything on ebay where Apple was selling, but I did read about Apple selling some on ebay. How do I find the apple store only on ebay? I'm leery of buying on ebay only.

The contract adds $25 a month to the bill for each phone so they would be a total of $40 each per month instead of $15.

Yes, if we were to do a 2 year contract, it would be 40 a month. We are wanting to get the 10 GB share value without contract for 15 a month. Will work if we can find good deal on IPhone 5s to buy out right. My son turned 16 and we have promised IPhone. We currently have three 4s phones and would like to get those upgraded to 5S too.

So you are basically paying $699 ($25 * 24 + $99) for the IPhone 5 on that plan?

The plan is separate from the contract. You are basically putting a down payment on the phone $99-$199 + $25 a month, so yes, $700-$800 total for the phone which is about what they are new ($650 and up).

I do not think Apple has an eBay store, I would check directly with them. I've heard good things about swappa.

I will look into swappa. I didn't see anything on ebay where Apple was selling, but I did read about Apple selling some on ebay. How do I find the apple store only on ebay? I'm leery of buying on ebay only.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/apple-...tore-selling-refurbished-iphone-5-09-07-2014/

I think there is a link there. Otherwise google something like ebay iphone factory outlet. It seems like they just started doing this in the last few weeks (possibly to clear inventory for the arrival of the 6).

We upgraded to smart phones at Christmas with the 2 yr contract and signed up for the Mobile Share Plan, 10G of data and it's $30 per phone.

The higher the data plan, the cheaper the per phone rate. We don't really need 10G but we have 6 phones on our plan so if we dropped to a lower data plan, the per phone rate would go up & we'd be paying more overall and get less data.

About three weeks ago, I upgraded my iphone 4 to a 5s for $1.00 at Best Buy. They were having a special promotion. I was due for an upgrade and just went through Best Buy to update to the new phone. At BB they can access your info if you are with certain companies. I don't know when the promo was ending. I find better deals at BB than through our carrier.

We upgraded to smart phones at Christmas with the 2 yr contract and signed up for the Mobile Share Plan, 10G of data and it's $30 per phone.

The higher the data plan, the cheaper the per phone rate. We don't really need 10G but we have 6 phones on our plan so if we dropped to a lower data plan, the per phone rate would go up & we'd be paying more overall and get less data.

A flat $30 per phone or $30+$15? Or $15+$15? I wonder if you got in on a different plan before they changed it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter