Best price on bread flour

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by semo233, Feb 14, 2010.

1. semo233

semo233 DIS Veteran

I just started making my own bread and am surprised at how expensive bread flour is! Where is the best place to buy bread flour at a reasonable price?
    Thanks!

2. disneyhand

disneyhand DIS Veteran

I make bread occasionally too. In the past I used bread flour but storage for multi types of flour was a problem. So I've been trying recipes that don't require "bread flour". Haven't found a favorite for white bread yet, but have a favorite wheat that I keep making and everyone here likes.

One important tip I learned here on the dis (you may already know this), but not sure where, is that good flour (like King Arthur) really makes a difference in the texture of the bread. This is so true. So now I buy that for bread. I bought my first one at the market, not on sale :guilty: just to try it. I will buy my next one at Costco. I don't remember how much it was there or the size, just that it was reasonable. Other than that I would just watch the sales and coupons. Sorry not more of a help.

3. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

I wonder why its more expensive - over here its not much dearer than all purpose flour:confused3

4. elcodfish

elcodfish Mouseketeer

Do you have sam's club? I got I think it was a 15 pound bag for less than $8... that makes a lot of bread

erica