Best Prepaid cell phone plans?

sbpebbles

DIS Veteran
Right now I do not have a cell phone and would really like to get one..I can not get a contract phone without paying at least a 300-400 deposit so I am looking at prepaid options..I am looking for something with texting and if possible something that allows free incoming calls, do they do that? Back 10 years ago I had a tracfone and wasn't too happy with it, but again that was 10 years ago so maybe they have improved..any tips or advice would be appreciated! TIA

Right now I do not have a cell phone and would really like to get one..I can not get a contract phone without paying at least a 300-400 deposit so I am looking at prepaid options..I am looking for something with texting and if possible something that allows free incoming calls, do they do that? Back 10 years ago I had a tracfone and wasn't too happy with it, but again that was 10 years ago so maybe they have improved..any tips or advice would be appreciated! TIA
We had a Net Ten phone and we really liked it

I have the Go phone from AT&T. I've had no problems with. They have several different plans but no incoming calls free. I can text. I pay $25 every 3 months and if you have $$$ left over they roll over if you renew within that 3 month period.

I have Virgin mobile and pay $20 every 3 months. It is 25 cents a minute for the first ten minutes every day then 10 cents a minute after your first ten minutes. I use this plan because I only use my phone sparingly. I almost always roll over my balance every 3 months. Virgin uses the Sprint network so I have no problems.

My husband just switched his monthly Verizon plan to that new Straight Talk plan from Walmart. You buy their phone for about $30 and then for $30 a month you get 1000 minutes monthly and I think 1000 texts monthly. For $45 a month you get unlimited talk and text. They use the Verizon network, and so far he has had no problems with it. It will save us a lot of money. Keep in mind we are not techies and only talk and text so it is a pretty basic plan, but I do recall there are some other features as well.

I have Virgin mobile and pay $20 every 3 months. It is 25 cents a minute for the first ten minutes every day then 10 cents a minute after your first ten minutes. I use this plan because I only use my phone sparingly. I almost always roll over my balance every 3 months. Virgin uses the Sprint network so I have no problems.

My husband just switched his monthly Verizon plan to that new Straight Talk plan from Walmart. You buy their phone for about $30 and then for $30 a month you get 1000 minutes monthly and I think 1000 texts monthly. For $45 a month you get unlimited talk and text. They use the Verizon network, and so far he has had no problems with it. It will save us a lot of money. Keep in mind we are not techies and only talk and text so it is a pretty basic plan, but I do recall there are some other features as well.

yeah i only talk and text too, i have my computer for the rest of the stuff...i'm gonna look into Straight Talk, I haven't heard about it yet so thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter