Best PopCentury location?

littlesuitcase

Mouseketeer
I have read a number of reviews about PopCentury but can't figure out how the rooms work. I take it there are 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s buildings. What is the difference between each? We have requested a preferred room but do we also have to ask for a certain decade building as well?

Anyone stayed at PC with advice?

There is also a 90's building which is where we stayed over Christmas. Can't speak for any of the other sections, but we were pleased with the 90's. Easy access to the parking. I imagine you can put in a request for a specific section, but whether you get it will of course depend on how busy they are.

One disadvantage to the 90's is the distance to the main area with the lobby, store and food court. If you buy the refillable mugs, it's quite the jaunt just to refill them. If this is important, I'd probably request the 60's or 70's. Parking, however, might be more of a hassle in these sections. Anyone else to confirm this?

Thanks - just to let you know, we do not have a car so parking is not an issue for us. Food, Pool, and access to the Disney bus system is however.

H

Hi, we just got back from POP(loved it!) and were in the 70's section near the Big Wheel. If you asked for a preferred room and paid the extra 10 bucks a night then you'll be in the 60's as it's closer to the Hippy Dippy pool and food court ect.. While walking around though we noticed that our room(not preferred) was closer to everything than some of the 60's rooms that were on the back facing the lake!! Anyways, hope this helps and enjoy POP! Jen

PM me with your email address and I can send you a scan of the layout of the resort later tonight - if you want.

And yes the location was perfect. Very close to the main building and pool etc. But parking was always a problem. The lot was usually full at all times of the day. Esp. the wheelchair parking ( which we use) .

We leave next week and will be staying in the 50's hopefully the parking will be better :thewave:
Nancy

We are hoping to stay at POP for our next WDW holiday. I am thinking of requesting the 70s section with a view of the lake. What building would give us a better view (the mickey phone building or the big wheel building)?
We probably won't have a rental car so parking won't be an issue. But we would like to be fairly close to the bus stops/main pool/food court without having to pay the extra for a preferred room.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Suzy V.

The big wheel building in the 70's doesn't face the lake at all but it's closer to the parking lots. We cheated when we were there and parked in the 90's parking lot which was closer to the 70's(no flames please!)!! I think anywhere at Pop would be great. HTH, Jen

O I didn't realize that you couldn't see the lake from the big wheel building. Would you have a nice view of the lake from the back (upper floor) of the mickey phone building (in the 70s)?

Thank you

Suzy V.

This time last year we spent 5 days/nites in the 70's building and had a lovely view of Hourglass Lake.It was a nice quiet area,yet we could walk everywhere we wanted to go in about 5 minutes or less........Very pleasant,I think you'll be happy wherever you are at Pop Century,it's a great resort!
Kirsten in Nova Scotia :earboy2:

Would you mind me asking where exactly you were in the 70s section to have the great view of the lake? I assume you were in the Mickey phone Building. Do you remember what floor/part of building/room number. That is exactly what we are hoping for our next trip to Disney. A view of the lake and the ability to take walks around it. Is there are wildlife (birds, squirrels etc) around the lake area?

We have a special needs daughter who can be easily over stimulated. On our last vacation to WDW we stayed at ASMo (courtyard view, Buzz bldg) and had no difficulties, but at POP a lake view in a quiet section would be the best for her I'm sure. We live on the water/bird sanctuary/our house is built in a forest so it is perfect here for her and us. If we could request a lake view at POP it would be perfect.

Thanks
Suzy V.

yEAH i THINK THE BACKSIDE OF THE MICKEY PHONE BUILDING WOULD GIVE YOU A GREAT VIEW OF THE WATER AND BE MUCH QUIETER. hth, jEN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter