Best POOL

jemmouse

DIS Veteran
Being the mother of a 9 year old boy who loves to swim, I am wondering what everyone thinks is the best pool on Disney property and why...We have stayed at YC but can't again my son gets rashes from the sand.

My opinion is the next best option is at the BWI for a deluxe. As long as he can deal with the spooky clown. SSR also has a decent slide for a deluxe. If you like moderates POR has a nice slide. All minus sand...

CSR... One of the longest slides..cool jaguar. Nice hot tub for parents!! Nice quiet pools too. Cool gameroom!! DS14 loves it!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

The pool and pool area at Kidani Village is totally awesome. ::yes::

He would love it there, and you wouldn't drive yourself mad trying to watch him.

We stayed at the WL in august and I have to say they have a fabulous pool. My twin 8 year old girls really loved it and so did I. Sure it has a nice slide. And it have a great view of the lake. But the really unique feature of the WL pool is the ducks. They have ducks that swim in the pool. It really is a site to see. The ducks love to swim around. They even drink the pool water and don't get sick (so says the lifeguard.) My girls even enjoyed following the ducks around the pool.
The only thing this pool area could use more shade. There wasn't anywhere to hide from the sun.
But they also had some fun pool games and DJ that I think most kids would enjoy.
The pool bar is quite close by and its all very convenient to the hotel.

We have stayed at Poly & AKL (for Deluxes). We enjoy the pool at the Poly because of the zero entry and the volcano slide...but it is sort of small during busy times and can get a bit :crowded:. The Poly does not have a hot tub (if that matters to you).
The pool at AKL is wonderful! It is also zero entry and huge. Plenty of room...The slide is not as *fun* as the one at the Poly, but our kids were definately entertained by it every day. :)

My favorite pool is the one with the least amount of people in it. I agree with the prior poster who said the Poly pool was a bit small during peak periods, same with Wilderness Lodge (although I've never swam in it). The quiet pools at the moderates are nice, as is Stormalong Bay but again, it's crowded. I know it's creepy to some but my kids like the clown pool at BWI.

I agree with Coronado Springs. The Dig Site is rather neat.

Have to say there is nothing quite like being 'clown vomit'!!!! That's what my dd, 16, calls herself when at BW!! We love that pool. The slide is terrific.
Most of the resort pools have something special to offer. I would check out various photos of the pools and then make a choice.

I didn't realize CSR had a pool slide like that. I've never stayed there but ithe pool itself looks nice.

I think I've swum in almost every pool in Disney and honestly, I don't think any one is much better than any other.

I don't care for the one at Yacht & Beach club. If hanging and splashing is your goal, it is great. Actual swimming...not so much.

Other than that, one is as good as another. IMO.

I thought the pool at the Poly was too small for the number of people... Honestly I really enjoyed the pool at the french quarter much much more and it was a mod.. Small enough to keep my eye on my kid.. big enough not to seem obnoxiously over crowded... :-)

Honestly, my favorite pool is at Typhoon Lagoon. We normally get the water park option on our tickets and go there several times during our trip.

But the really unique feature of the WL pool is the ducks. They have ducks that swim in the pool. It really is a site to see. The ducks love to swim around. They even drink the pool water and don't get sick (so says the lifeguard.) My girls even enjoyed following the ducks around the pool.

Maybe because I live in an area w/ lots of geese and ducks that pollute the waterways w/ their ummm "waste", this feature would not appeal to me at all.

Swan / Dolphin hands down best pool........for disney hotels i think AKL/Kidani is awsome

Bw is creepy cant get over the clown

I think we have been to every pool I would vote for Coranado or Boardwalk. POR French Quarter is nice too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter