• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best pool for family with pre-schoolers

ColonialMouse

Mouseketeer
Maybe there's a list somewhere, but I can't find it. We're planning taking the kids to a pool tomorrow, and we're staying in a THV, so have to drive somewhere. Had been planning on going to the Paddock pool, but I realized that since we have to drive anyway, there's no particular reason to stay in SSR. Is there a better pool worth driving to? (and obviously need to be able to pool-hop to, so stormalong bay is out)

Thanks,
Bruce

Maybe there's a list somewhere, but I can't find it. We're planning taking the kids to a pool tomorrow, and we're staying in a THV, so have to drive somewhere. Had been planning on going to the Paddock pool, but I realized that since we have to drive anyway, there's no particular reason to stay in SSR. Is there a better pool worth driving to? (and obviously need to be able to pool-hop to, so stormalong bay is out)

Thanks,
Bruce

The Grandstand or Springs pools at SSR are both very kid-friendly. Or you might try Coronado Springs - the Dig Site. Fun pool there.

Had my twins (almost 3 years old) at the Paddock pool kids area last month. They love, love, LOVED it. Especially after my DD got up the nerve to try the kiddies tube slide. OMG she would run around to circle and slide over and over and over and over, you get the idea. And it is shallow enough that the parent does not need worry too much. You can sit back a little and watch instead of hover.:goodvibes

We love the pool at Kidani! It has a great area for little ones:

IMG_1762.jpg

How old are the kids? The play area at Paddock is for those under 48", and it's terrific. And there are a lot of tables chairs and umbrellas for those supervising.

I really like the CSR pool too. Largest hot tub on the property, but that probably doesn't appeal to the chidlren ;)

Thanks for all of the responses. It sounds like the Paddock pool here at SSR would be lots of fun, but our kids (4 and 5) are really into Jake and the Neverland Pirates, so we're giving serious thought to heading over to CBR. Need to think it over a bit...

Thanks,
Bruce

Thanks for all of the responses. It sounds like the Paddock pool here at SSR would be lots of fun, but our kids (4 and 5) are really into Jake and the Neverland Pirates, so we're giving serious thought to heading over to CBR. Need to think it over a bit...

Thanks,
Bruce

CBR has an awesome pool! And the pirate ship play area is also great for little ones. The food court is also really good (lots of variety).

Thanks,
Bruce
Good choice. One other issue is that, staying at SSR, you don't have to worry about calling the destination resort for PH permission or the risk of being asked to leave if the pool reaches capacity.

The kiddie pool in the Paddock area is great and my kids loved it! They have two water slides.

The Paddock pool is awesome. My 4 and 2 year old love it, especially the pool party that they have from 1-4 in the afternoon. If you are staying at the Treehouses, isn't there an internal bus that you could take over to the main area at SSR? Then you could walk to the Paddock or just stay at the High Rock pool?

With TS Debby we wound up changing our plans a bit (went to Epcot on the day with steady downpour instead of to a pool) and wound up going to the Paddock pool. After focusing on which kids' play are would be better, DD4 spent about 45 minutes in the kids' pool and then wanted to try the "big silly slide" which she spent the rest of the time going on (with a life preserver and me catching at the bottom). DD5 didn't like the kids' play area much and did a bunch of the "pool party" games and floated around in the big pool with DW. I told my MiL she should sit in the kids' area since that's where we would be, but we were hardly there at all---though I think she enjoyed just sitting down and relaxing for an afternoon.

Next time I guess I'll just look for the pool with the best slides...

Bruce

Another vote for the Paddocks pool, it is such a nice addition to the resort.

Also we really like the OKW pool and CSR. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter