Best pool area for toddlers- value or moderate resort?

liloca

Mouseketeer
I have stayed in all the value resorts and the Port Orleans, but always went in the winter as a couple so we never had the change to use the pools.
We are now going back with a toddler for the first time in September and I am planing a lot of pool time.
Between value and moderate resorts.Which one had the best pool area for a toddler, if there is any difference.
My son will be 23 months at the time of travel.

Thank you for your input!

We really liked AOA for the Big Blue Pool. My sons were 4, 2, and 1.5 on our last trip. They all liked the Nemo splah pad and could run around freely chasing the water. The big pool is separated by enough space that I wasn't worried about them running over but still close enough to walk back and forth depending on their mood. The zero entry of the big pool was nice too. They could sit/splash in the shallow areas with life jackets on (provided at the pool) and go deeper with an adult.

We took DS at 2 and he pretty much thought the AOA pools were heaven, we made a point to swim in every pool and he loved them all.

AOA big blue pool was great. DS3 loved the splash pad- he didn't even want to get in a pool after he saw the splash pad.

It looks like AOA is the winner but they do not have any availability for the regular rooms :(

My DS really liked the kiddie pool at Pop. It reminded me of a giant puddle and there were jet-type things. It's close to the Hippy Dippy pool and there are life jackets for that pool.

Here's an interesting article that may help you decide. At the bottom, there are links to reviews of each category of resort.

My DS really liked the kiddie pool at Pop. It reminded me of a giant puddle and there were jet-type things. It's close to the Hippy Dippy pool and there are life jackets for that pool.

Here's an interesting article that may help you decide. At the bottom, there are links to reviews of each category of resort.

This is Perfect! Thank you for the article Tina.tina

Caribbean Beach has an amazing toddler water area. It was our first choice since AoA wasn't an option.

CBR has zero entry and great toddler pool. Hardly anyone in the toddler area. I would ask for preferred room, Martinique 25 is a great area.

I just book our vacation on CBR!pixiedust:
Thank you all for your help!:yay:
Awesome! We've been to CBR twice with our kids when they were toddlers and the pool there is perfect. Zero entry is awesome and the splash pad is so much fun. You'll love it!

Awesome! We've been to CBR twice with our kids when they were toddlers and the pool there is perfect. Zero entry is awesome and the splash pad is so much fun. You'll love it!
Yes - I am so excited! I saw pictures and it looks great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter