• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best pool area and water slides for kids?

Tiggerlover48

Mouseketeer
We are thinking of joining DVC and wanted to know what you thought the best pool area and water slide was. My DS8 loves really any pool! But wanted to make sure we all could swim and play!!!! Unlike the DCL - where they don't let adults use the slide!! Boy that burned my $*&# But I digress.

I think everyone would agree that Beach Club Villas has the best pool/slide area that's called Storm Along Bay. All of the DVC properties have slides, some like the Boardwalk have heavily themed ones, that's like a roller coaster and some like Wilderness Lodge have a slide that seems to be built into rocks. When you are a DVC member, and you are staying at DVC on points, you are allowed to pool hop (with black out times that are exceptions) to any on site Disney resort EXCEPT Storm along Bay and the pool at the Animal Kingdom lodge. Adults are not restricted from the slides. I've gone on the one at Vero Beach only, but I've seen lots of adults on the other slides.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Just got back from BCV today. The pool is the absolute best. My son (14) and I (45) went on the slide about 30 times all week. What a blast. They have a lazy river, sand bottom pool, games, and a great beach with nightly campfires. We spent between 3-6 hours there every day.

Rob

Just got back from BCV today. The pool is the absolute best. My son (14) and I (45) went on the slide about 30 times all week. What a blast. They have a lazy river, sand bottom pool, games, and a great beach with nightly campfires. We spent between 3-6 hours there every day.

Rob

We are going in 1 month, how was the water temp this winter? Assuming warm if you spent that much time.

All the DVC resorts have a main pool with a slide. Okw didn't until a few years ago - now it has a castle slide.

so any would work. best is definitely BCV

BWV, VWL, OKW and SSR - are all fine. - don't know about the AKV slide - the only one we can use is AKL - they haven't even opened the pool area at AKV.

Personal opinion: The AKL slide is lame, good only for younger ones.

OK, if anyone says anything other than SAB as the best DVC pool (or any WDW pool for that matter) they are :crazy2: !!! :rotfl2:

Luckily, from the look of things, there's no :crazy2: people posting here.

I actually like the OKW slide the best. As we say up North, it's WICKED fast! (and yes, I'm an adult) Fun pool games, DJ, etc.

Stormalong Bay is usually so crowded that it takes some of the fun away for me, and I hate walking all the way around to the slide-- gets really cold! Spent last week at AKV--lame slide, very low key pool area, with zero entry, which some will like.

We are thinking of joining DVC and wanted to know what you thought the best pool area and water slide was. My DS8 loves really any pool! But wanted to make sure we all could swim and play!!!!

I'll give my standard comment for people doing Home resort research. By the time most DVC contracts expire, your DS8 will be your DS50. ;) DVC is a long-term commitment. While I don't fault you for asking, I wouldn't make something as superficial as a pool slide a big part of your decision. You gotta look at the entire package and (attempt to) select a resort that holds the most overall appeal--preferrably just to you and your significant other since the kids will be out of the equation loooooooong before your owneship ends.

Good luck!

I'll give my standard comment for people doing Home resort research. By the time most DVC contracts expire, your DS8 will be your DS50. ;) DVC is a long-term commitment. While I don't fault you for asking, I wouldn't make something as superficial as a pool slide a big part of your decision. You gotta look at the entire package and (attempt to) select a resort that holds the most overall appeal--preferrably just to you and your significant other since the kids will be out of the equation loooooooong before your owneship ends.

Good luck!

Yes you are right. I should have said what is the best pool for us to stay at, not buy at. We would buy AKV - no questions asked. I love that property.

We are still in the thinking phases and need to make up our minds quickly. Thank you.

My vote is for SSR. I have never cared for BC's pool, too big and crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter