Best plan of attack for getting a PI?

foxgrover257

Splashmountaineer
Hey, so I really want to try for a professional internship down the road at WDW.. I'm currently a spring advantage CP and I would love to either do a communications or a human resources PI, possibly next fall. Anyone have any tips or pointers for snagging the role I want?! (i would actually love to work with college/ international recruiting or guest relations!) I'm going to be a campus rep (hopefully) and mayyybeee i'll do another CP if i find the time early next year. so i think that will help! And if anyone is doing the PI now, let me know how it is!

I wanted to apply for the communications PI (it sounded really great) but I'm graduating college with a diploma in Journalism, not a degree. I'm going to try for spring 2012 (I'm graduated by then) but I have a feeling I won't be excepted because 1. I'm not getting a degree and 2. I'm Canadian. But I guess if I don't try I won't succeed in anything, right? :sad2:
Good luck!

Do you have to have already graduated to get a PI? I'm a sophomore but would like to apply for one...

Do you have to have already graduated to get a PI? I'm a sophomore but would like to apply for one...

No, you don't have to have graduated to get a PI, although some of us are graduating before we leave for the program. I think you have to be at least a junior, but all of those requirements are listed with the specific internships on the PI website.

can someone be kind enough to answer me whats the diff between PI and careerstart? Also...can college undergratuates apply for careerstart or just HS graduates?

can someone be kind enough to answer me whats the diff between PI and careerstart? Also...can college undergratuates apply for careerstart or just HS graduates?

CS is for people who have graduated high school in the past 18 months and haven't started college yet. A professional internship is for college students or the recently graduated, and they involve more, uh, professional jobs, like management or guest relations internships and other behind the scenes stuff.

oh ok, so the PI would be the CS but for college students right?

No.

The Disney CareerStart Program allows for recent U.S. High School graduates, who may or may not later opt to pursue post-secondary education, to perform certain Hourly Guest Service roles (Operations, Merchandise, Food & Beverage, etc.), similar to Disney College Program Participants.

Disney Professional Internship Program opportunities are aimed at current or recently-graduated U.S. college and university students. Opportunities are located in professional, salaried, technical and office-based positions, as opposed to Hourly Guest Service roles, and offer Participants the opportunity to link the content of what they studied at school with actual experience in the labour market.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter