Best Places To Eat In Hollywood Studios

I love Starring Rolls for counter service. Their turkey sandwich is one of the best I have had at WDW and loved the Butterfingers cupcake. It is so good!

In response to your question about my post the antics they may do are things like singling pple out for having elbows on the tables, doing the airplane to make you eat your veggies, having you set the table. I've seen some servers go over the top and involve your surrounding tables shaming you for not eating your veggies. It's all in good fun but if you're not comfortable with those things possibly happening I wouldn't recommend it. I've been embarrassed a couple times but nothing that would prevent me from going back. Hope this helps.

We are yet another family that loves 50's PTC. The food is really good, especially if you are in the mood for comfort food such as fried chicken, pot roast, etc. I had the Caesar salad last time we ate there, and it was very crisp and fresh with tender chicken strips on top. I hear that the milkshakes are to-die-for although I have never tried one there.
My family loves the atmosphere and always plays along with the CMs. It right there toward the top of our very favorite restaurants in all of WDW.

For CS I would suggest Pizza Planet. They serve the standard "Disney pizza", but it is not all that bad. Again, the salads always seem pretty good there too

In response to your question about my post the antics they may do are things like singling pple out for having elbows on the tables, doing the airplane to make you eat your veggies, having you set the table. I've seen some servers go over the top and involve your surrounding tables shaming you for not eating your veggies. It's all in good fun but if you're not comfortable with those things possibly happening I wouldn't recommend it. I've been embarrassed a couple times but nothing that would prevent me from going back. Hope this helps.

My wife and I ate there for our anniversary a few years ago. The server had everyone in our room (complete strangers to us) sign a card for us. At first I wondered what in the world that was about, but then saw how everyone seemed to be having a good time and going along with it. So DW has scrapbooked that card signed by dozens of our "cousins". :goodvibes

My favorite CS location is the Backlot Express, love the buffalo nuggets. For TS locations I like Sci-Fi and 50's Prime Time.

Because of all the bad things I'd heard, I avoided the TS meals there like the plague until this last trip, when I knew we'd need a nice, long mid-day break during SWW. I was pleasantly surprised by both 50s PTC and Mama Melrose's. While it's not haute cuisine, everything was pretty good, and I left both places totally satisfied. I did get the fried chicken at 50s PTC, so maybe that's why.

BTW, we had no shenanigans during our meal. Our server just didn't seem to be too into it.

As for CS...the only thing I've had there that I actually enjoyed was the hotdog in a pretzel roll at Min & Bill's.

And I'll probably be shot for this, but we have done the H&V breakfast in the past, and it was fine. Nothing special, and it is a buffet, but you get a wide variety of breakfast choices. Probably not worth the cost, but again, the food itself is fine.

Yes, the food looks and sounds amazing at 50's, but I don't think that it would be a good "atmosphere" with the experiences. Sci Fi sounds good. What is Starring Rolls?

Yes, the food looks and sounds amazing at 50's, but I don't think that it would be a good "atmosphere" with the experiences. Sci Fi sounds good. What is Starring Rolls?

I would not use the words '50's Primetime" and "amazing" in the same sentence. It's hearty (bland IMO) comfort food at premium prices. Sci-Fi's food is also 'blah' but the whole drive-in experience makes up for it. Starring Rolls is a small hole in the wall quick service that serves morning pastries and cold sandwiches.

Starring Rolls is a small hole in the wall quick service that serves morning pastries and cold sandwiches.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for replying and explaining that to me. And thank you to everyone for your generous help. I really appreciate it.

I think the food at 50's Primetime and the Brown Derby is great. Disney has some truly amazing places to eat, if you're single or a couple without kids/with older kids you could park hop and go here and there and eat at only amazing restaurants on your trip.

Those of us with kids have to consider convenience, practicality and the experience for mom and dad. :) You could go to Disney and not eat at any of their amazing restaurants just the great ones and still have a blast!

That being said, there are a couple of great choices at Hollywood Studios.
We ate at 50's Primetime on our trip in Oct and my son (6) thought it was funny that "now we were kids too" as we were being scolded for not finishing our dinner. I love the "home cooking" at this restaurant and the milkshakes!

We have an ADR for Brown Derby for our trip this Dec just because I thought my parents would enjoy the food there and we haven't been in a while. I think Brown Derby is great and our son enjoyed his dinner too.

A couple years ago we did dinner at Sci-Fi (where I find the food to be just okay) and my son will still say "Hey mom, remember that time we ate in that car at the movies?" Best of luck in choosing and have fun on your trip.

50's Primetime Café became an instant favorite of ours last week! Loved the retro décor, the food was really good, and the waitresses were so funny! We went for lunch, and got our pb&j milkshakes to go!

I would love to try the Brown Derby and Sci Fi someday!

Went to Mama Melroses 8 years ago and it was *ok*.

I was a 50's PT skeptic but booked it for the benefit of my MIL who is a 50's nostalgia nut. I was pleasantly surprised. The food, while not amazing, was better than I was expecting and the atmosphere was a lot more fun than I anticipated (and I'm an introvert by nature).

As far as the 50's menu goes, the fried chicken and pot roast generally get the best reviews (I personally like the fried chicken). I would avoid the pasta and fish entrees. And I would HIGHLY recommend the PB&J milkshake (and I was skeptical about this).

I've also eaten at Brown Derby and, while it's not one of my favorite signatures, it's definately a level above anywhere else in the studios for food quality. While the cobb salad doesn't do much for me, the pork chop and filet are both very good entrees. The grapefruit cake is their signature dessert and while it's not bad, I prefer the banannas foster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter