~Best place to watch Illuminations and have dessert?~

joenan88

DIS Veteran
My ADR's can be made tomorrow morning and I wanted to know the best place to sit and watch Illuminations..Can I make a reservation somewhere just for dessert? that has a great view..

There's only one table service restaurant in Epcot that has a view of Illuminations: Rose & Crown. You can make a reservation for dessert there, but you can't reserve an outdoor table, it's just the luck of the draw as to whether one's available when you arrive.

An alternative would be the Cantina de San Angel. It's counter service, but you could grab churros or some other snack and sit at a table by the water. Be warned, through, that folks stake out those tables a LONG time in advance.

I would not make an ADR just for dessert at the Rose & Crown, we go for dinner. And as Lynne has said it is the luck of the draw if you can get a patio table.
Illuninations is not like Wishes where you can eat dinner at the CG and watch the fireworks. The best views really are standing around the lagoon.
Have a Great Trip

As already said, Rose and Crown. They have some great desserts too. However, just another idea if you can't get in there, or can't get a view. We like to get desserts from the Kringla Bakery in Norway and then find a spot to watch from.

we always like to hit the bakery in Norway or in France and get something to go, then we just go and find ourselves a nice bench to watch the show! have fun!!!;)

The best place to sit and watch Illuminations is from an Illuminations cruise, if you can be lucky enough to snag a reservation for one of the few boats. It's an amazing experience and you can take your desserts on the boat with you!!!

Depending on crowd levels, it can be quite hard to get a bench or table seat anywhere with a good view unless you want to wait a LONG time. Also be sure to pay attention to the direction the wind is blowing because that is different all of the time and can really alter your viewing experience.

Restaurants with Illuminations views

1) Rose and Crown
2) Tokyo Dining
3) Bistro de Paris
4) Catina San Angel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter