• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Place to Watch Fireworks

gene2geno

Mouseketeer
Can anyone give advice on the best location to watch fireworks outside of the parks? My sister would like to take her two small children but doesn't want to go inside a park. I remember someone posting a location at Pop Century but I don't remember exactly where. Are there any other suggestions? thanks :love:

Lots of people like to watch Wishes (the MK fireworks) from the beach at the Poly. The best place to watch Illuminations outside the park is from the bridge by the Boardwalk and Beach Club Resorts. There is no way to see Fantasmic outside MGM.

Great Information. Thank you

Do you get the wishes show music and show or just the fireworks from the Contemporary?
We are going in August and staying at the CR. Do you recomend watching from in the park or from the CR?

How about Illuminations - Is it the show or just the fireworks from the bridge?

From POP, you have to be over by the 50's section, way to the back to catch any of the IllumiNations higher up fireworks. And you really have to be on a higher floor of the bldgs to get that view. I wouldn't plan on watching IllumiNations from there. And I'm not sure I would try to catch them from outside of Epcot. I know a lot of people do, but you lose so much of the show...it's not just those higher up fireworks..there is a lot going on closer to the ground. But, the bridge is a decent spot if you only want to catch a glimpse of the show (the high in the sky fireworks which are incredible).
For watching the Wishes show, being in the park is the best way to view also, but you can catch them from the Polynesian beach. They do lose something though since you don't get the bangs or the music. Yes, if you get close to a ground speaker you may be able to hear the music, but it's not the same. From the CR, it's pretty much the same thing..but you will be off to the side. If you are there, I would actually just walk over to the MK and watch from down by the boat dock..you can't watch from the actual boat dock but from that area. Again, it's not the same as being in the park though.

Well now if everyone posts their secret spots and the best places....there will be a ton of people there and they won't be secrets anymore, now would they? ;)

Seems that most people like wishes from the Poly.

That explains why there are so few people at the dock area at Grand Floridian, right outside their fast food outlet.

There's plenty of seating, and you're a good deal closer to the MK.

You could also try for dining at one of the MK loop restuarants with a view, but that can be a bit tricky to time right, and expensive.

I agree, the best place by far to view them is inside the parks. They aren't like 4th of July fireworks - all three shows are low to the ground, with music and narration. We've always felt that they were designed to get guests to a central location in order to help clear the parks out (Even though the Epcot location is slightly backwards).

One place you can see the upper Epcot fireworks though is the Marriott World Center - esp on the upper floors. I don't know how easy they are to accees if you aren't staying there though.

My wife and I watched from the Poly beach a few years back. We were all alone and it was wonderful. Even the view of MK without fireworks is breathtaking!

princess22 said:
The contemporary is pretty neat also!

1) There is one problem with the PLoy and Contemp.
2) To get there you have to get through the guard at the parking lot.
3) They only let people in to eat or to stay at the resort.
4) To eat, you need a ressie, as they now check their sheet for your name.
5) If you already paid for parking, you get can Disney transport to resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter