Best place to view Illuminations?

I've seen illuminations from all over World Showcase.
But, I have to say my favorite spot is between the shops at the entrance
of World Showcase. Just really like seeing it front and center.
Like being on Main Street for wishes.

I've seen illuminations from all over World Showcase.
But, I have to say my favorite spot is between the shops at the entrance
of World Showcase. Just really like seeing it front and center.
Like being on Main Street for wishes.

I would agree. Although it's not open to the general public all the time. When it is, grab it.

We were part of the Disney Mom's Club Illuminations party a couple weeks ago and that is where the viewing was (after limitless desserts in the World Showplace). This spot is unparalleled. Close and straight on, with the American Pavilion framing the globe.

If that area is not open, then the next best place, in my opinion, is the outcropping over at the Italy pavilion. Amazingly close there, too.

Also, in between Japan and the American pavilions, but slightly closer to the Japan side. That is also an area where one of the "canons" fire off the white fireworks that stream across the the lagoon toward the center.

And always the best spot for Illuminations is somewhere UPWIND. You don't want that smoke and ash blowing in your face.

I always check the wind direction and go to the side opposite the direction of the wind, so I don't end up with tons of smoke in my face from the fireworks! Italy and between Canada and the entrance have been good viewing places for us before.

Oh thanks for posting this. We are going to see our first illuminations in a few weeks. Thanks for the info!

Good call on the wind.
Always check which way the wind is blowing.
Canada does have a nice spot for viewing.

Our favorite spot is on the patio of the Rose and Crown in the U. K.

Does anyone else find that with the trees growing, they are getting in the way of viewing from many areas? Have they trimmed the trees lately?

Great Question! I like Italy by the fountain.

Thanks everyone! I wonder if a CM will be able to tell me earlier in the day if the spot by the shops is open.

I can't wait to see it! We have never stayed long enough for it, but plan to this Dec. I think I read it will be "special" for the holidays, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter