Best Place to Stay with this Family Mix

dobball23

DIS Veteran
The following people are going to Disney World for 1 week (Saturday-to-Saturday).

Mom (37)
Dad (38)
Daughter (8)
Son (5)
Uncle (34)
Aunt (36)

Where should they stay? I would like an answer for cheapest accommodation on property, best value accommodation on property (might be a little more expensive, but is nicer) and your preferred choice on property (within reason...no ultra-expensive suite at Grand Floridian suggestion).

Two rooms at a value resort would be the most inexpensive. Two rooms at a moderate resort would be more expensive, but then they'd get queen beds instead of just full sized beds.

I think they could do a suite at AoA or the All Star that has suites, but to me that is just too crowded for 4 adults and two kids. Two adults and 4 kids is a different story.

It's possible that they could rent points for a DVC property for a reasonable price, so I would look into that as well. Cancellation policy is much different, however, from a direct booking with WDW.

I would consider renting points at OKW for a 2 bdrm thru David's. Good luck.

How close are the families? Do they want to sleep in the same room or definitely be separate?

The cabins at Fort WIlderness sleep 6. Mom, Dad and kids could have bedroom and Aunt and Uncle on Murphy bed. Full kitchen is great.

Next option is ASMu family suire, Aunt and Uncle in BR and parents and kids in LR. Two bathrooms is the draw here.

Then it's DVC villas or two rooms at any resort.

With that many adults I would do 2 rooms. Technically they can fit in an All Star Family Suite, but one couple would be getting the short end of the stick.

There is one bedroom with a queen bed, and the rest of the bedding is fold outs in the front room area. If it wouldn't be a big deal to the mom and dad, the aunt and uncle could get the bedroom and everyone else could sleep in the front room.

If they would want a preferred room location at the value resorts, depending on time of year sometimes the family suite is cheaper than 2 rooms. Plus you then get a kitchenette, which can be used as a great way to save money. Eating easy meals in the room is a lot cheaper than eating out.

The following people are going to Disney World for 1 week (Saturday-to-Saturday).

Mom (37)
Dad (38)
Daughter (8)
Son (5)
Uncle (34)
Aunt (36)

Where should they stay? I would like an answer for cheapest accommodation on property, best value accommodation on property (might be a little more expensive, but is nicer) and your preferred choice on property (within reason...no ultra-expensive suite at Grand Floridian suggestion).

I would stay at a value. We had our grand gathering group stay at POP and as we had a dining plan a kitchenette area was of no interest. A few if us did get the mini refrigerator as the kid just had cereal in the rooms.

Hope this helps!!

Renting DVC points for first timers who don't know the ins and outs of DVC stays would not be my advice. I'd go with two value resort rooms or two POR Alligator Bayou rooms so they would have the murphy bed for one of the two kids to sleep on.

If they rent DVC points, they don't get daily housekeeping (they are booking a timeshare stay). They don't have an possibility of cancellation if they can't go at the last minute and there are no refunds. Plus they have to decide who gets the master bedroom with the king sized bed and who gets the second bedroom with queen sized beds or one queen and one double sleeper sofa. They will not want a one bedroom villa because they won't fit in a one bedroom villa (they sleep five max).

The cabins at Fort WIlderness sleep 6. Mom, Dad and kids could have bedroom and Aunt and Uncle on Murphy bed. Full kitchen is great.

would go with fw cabins too - it fits your group.

would not recommend AoA or All star music suites - just because some of the adults would have to sleep on things designed for children.

otherwise it is a 2-bedroom DVC villa - expensive. yea they are building one at the GF.

would go with fw cabins too - it fits your group.

would not recommend AoA or All star music suites - just because some of the adults would have to sleep on things designed for children.

otherwise it is a 2-bedroom DVC villa - expensive. yea they are building one at the GF.

I don't think the fold outs at the All Star Music suites are designed for children. I've actually slept on one, and had no problems with how comfortable it was, or the size of it. And I don't see how the murphy bed at a Wilderness Cabin is any more adult friendly. Plus, you would then have all 6 people sharing one bathroom. No thanks!

the murphy bed is a bed. same size, same height.

ottoman, table, love seat - are not really beds - so to me a completely different experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter