Best Place To Stay For A Sweet 16?

DopeyLvr's mom here.... We did buy at AKL & I'm hoping to be able to get BLT for her bday trip, but we are going during Jersey week so she knows it might not work out. Any word on opening date for new DCL at GF? Her 16th isn't until next year.

I totally agree about not letting them on the buses alone. DD's been to WDW 35+ times, but her 2 best friends have only been there once each. Monorail parks only!

Bay Lake Towers would be great for the Top of the World Access too - enjoy the MK fireworks from, up there in the evening. If your parents can't get your first choice, you can always wait list. We have been successful when we wanted BCV and only had Boardwalk available. Wait listed and it came through without much trouble. Now I am currently wait listed for BCV in November and not so sure this time around since it is time of Food and Wine Festival. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We have always gotten what we have wanted when I call first thing at 7 months. I own at BLT and still can never get standard view at 11 months! I always get LV and have gotten it with a month's notice before. For my daughter's Sweet 16 we splurged for MK view and it was really nice! I also own at BWVs but the girls barely went to Epcot. We were only there 4 days though! We had five 16 year olds and my other 2 daughters! I don't know about Jersey week but I hope you get some pixie dust sent your way and get BLT because it really works out nice. They had such a wonderful time and I'm sure your daughter will too!

I'm going to Disney for my Sweet 16 also in December 2012. I'm so excited!:cool1: I'm staying at BWV and I'm so happy. Me and my friends can walk the boardwalk at night and walk to Epcot whenever we want and the pool is extremely fun. They always have activities there. If I had to recommend another resort I would definitely say BCV. It's just as close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios as BWV is and it has a really cool pool as well but it doesnt have the boardwalk that BWV has so I would choose that over BCV. Which ever one you choose though, I'm sure you'll love it! Hope you have a great time for you're Sweet!:thumbsup2 I know I'm over excited for mine :rotfl2: I know Disney will really make it special for both of us and everyone else that's having their special day there :love::yay:::yes:::cool1::woohoo:

kd3xx said:
I'm going to Disney for my Sweet 16 also in December 2012. I'm so excited!:cool1: I'm staying at BWV and I'm so happy. Me and my friends can walk the boardwalk at night and walk to Epcot whenever we want and the pool is extremely fun. They always have activities there. If I had to recommend another resort I would definitely say BCV. It's just as close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios as BWV is and it has a really cool pool as well but it doesnt have the boardwalk that BWV has so I would choose that over BCV. Which ever one you choose though, I'm sure you'll love it! Hope you have a great time for you're Sweet!:thumbsup2 I know I'm over excited for mine :rotfl2: I know Disney will really make it special for both of us and everyone else that's having their special day there :love::yay:::yes:::cool1::woohoo:

I hope you have fun you will have to tell me how staying there works out!! :)

It's helpful that members can book on line at 8 AM at the 7 month window, which gives us an hour before MS opens. I booked a 2 BR on line for 5 nights in Oct and there was no availability for several of the nights by 9:30 AM.

Good luck!!!

We were just in Disney for my DD's sweet 16... She was planning on splitting her party with a friend... My DD really wanted to go to Disney but her friend didn't(I had everything booked for our regular vacation anyway)...in the end, they didn't have a combined party... My DD didn't have a party at all... We went on an Alaskan cruise and then we went to Florida where we went completely crazy for her bday.... I think the highlight of her day was when we rented a yacht from the GF to watch Wishes!!! It was amazing...

I own at BCV and BLT.... But BCV is honestly my home... It's such an easy walk to Epcot and the walk to HS is a little longer... You can still walk around the boardwalk during the day or at night and you have Stormalong Bay!!!! I love BCV!!!

:) I know. My one friends just wants to stalk the boys in Disney :)

LOL

I'm taking my son and one of his best friends (who never gets to go anywhere) to Disney next year for his 16th... we can't call it "sweet 16th" as he's a boy... well, until we check in that is :rotfl2:

He LOVES Kidani (AKV), despite the bus situation he says he never waits more than 5 minutes for one, except when I'm at the stop with him. He claims the Kidani pool is the best and animals off the balcony can't be found anywhere else except for a random bunny or frog at the other resorts.

After Kidani, he loves Villas at Wilderness Lodge. The boats to the MK can't be beat & from there you can take the monorail over to EPCOT, or to explore the Grand Floridian & Polynesian. Almost forgot to mention the personal watercraft are a ton of fun on bay lake too... they cost a bit of $, so be prepared if you choose this. Think I rented 2 boats for 1/2 hr for about $55 this summer (t-storms made them come in early). Note: these boats are also available at other resorts

Think I'm leaning toward VWL as his friend has never been to Disney before... and let's face it... the MK *is* Disney. Might as well immerse him in the magic.

For his 16th I'll avoid his least favs:
BLT - he likes modern design, but for some reason doesn't feel any magic at BLT.
BWV - the buses to MK & AK can get very crowded and 5 stops is just too much.
SSR/OKW - he just doesn't care for the open spread out designs.
BCV - we've never stayed there, but see BWV's bus reason above.
Jambo house - Loud Lobby. Buses are not the first to load here meaning harder to find a seat. DVC rooms are up high and animals are further off than off of kidani's 2nd & 3rd floor rooms because of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter