Best Place To Stay For A Sweet 16?

DopeyLvr

Earning My Ears
In November of 2013 I will be taking my two best friends to Disney for my Sweet 16. My parents recently bought a Vacation Club and I was wondering where the best place to stay?
I kinda want to stay at a hotel where it will be easy for us to get to and from parks without really having to wait for a bus.
If anyone has any suggestions for the best places to stay, please respond :)

Thank You!

Either the Boardwalk Villas or Beach Club Villas would put you in walking distance to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. You would need to bus to any other theme park.

Bay Lake Tower @ Disney's Contemporary Resort would put you in walking distance to the Magic Kingdom and monorail access to Epcot. You would need to bus to any other theme park.

All other DVC resorts would require using a bus to get to the Theme Parks.

erionm said:
Either the Boardwalk Villas or Beach Club Villas would put you in walking distance to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios. You would need to bus to any other theme park.

Bay Lake Tower @ Disney's Contemporary Resort would put you in walking distance to the Magic Kingdom and monorail access to Epcot. You would need to bus to any other theme park.

All other DVC resorts would require using a bus to get to the Theme Parks.

Thank You! Now I just have to pick one :)

Two important things to consider. If it's a trip for 5, a one bedroom at bay lake will sleep 5 but you would need a two bedroom at beach club. Beach club has a much better pool though - sort of a mini water park. I also think there are more dining options for a teen at the epcot resorts.

Our DD18 chose BCV when we asked her where she and her friend wanted to stay. She had stayed there once before, and at BWV twice before. She and her friend preferred the option of visiting 2 parks within walking distance. Epcot is her favorite park so that probably accounted for part of it too.

In November of 2013 I will be taking my two best friends to Disney for my Sweet 16. My parents recently bought a Vacation Club and I was wondering where the best place to stay?

Thank You!

what vacation club did your parents buy? only a few can trade thru RCI to get DVC.

now if they brought DVC not a problem.

Another vote for BLT - DD will be there with me next week for her Sweet 16 celebration x3. :cheer2:

Then she will go on a 4 night cruise. :beach:

Then she will stay at Wilderness Lodge Villas, which has boat access to MK, FW and Contemporary.:yay:

She is the luckiest girl in the World!!!princess:

my vote would be BLT if you think mot of your time would be at MK, or BWV if most of your time would be at EPCOT and/or DHS. BCV is also near EPCOT/DHS, but tends to have many more little kids (BWV tends to appeal more to pre-teens and up - there is a ton to see and do).

there was a fabulous and funny trip report from a dad who brought his daughter and friends to BWV for her sweet 16.
here's the link.......
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2365333&highlight=sweet+16

When we stayed at Kidani village in AKV, there was a girl and her friends on a sweet 16th trip. it was fun watching them all dressed up going to Cinderella's royal table for dinner one afternoon.

I kinda want to stay at a hotel where it will be easy for us to get to and from parks without really having to wait for a bus.
If anyone has any suggestions for the best places to stay, please respond :)

Thank You!

Is one of your friends over 18? If not you will need someone who is in your room with you. To check-in, one person in each room MUST be 18 at time of check-in.

Three years ago we celebrated my dd's 16th birthday in WDW. We chose BCV - 4 girls and my sister and I (2BDR).

Which resort do your parents own at? BCV or BWVs might be difficult to get.

Thank You everyone! It seems like you all think BLT and BCV are the best. My parents own at Animal Kingdom Lodge but my mom said she would switch :)

Thank You everyone! It seems like you all think BLT and BCV are the best. My parents own at Animal Kingdom Lodge but my mom said she would switch :)

If your parents own at AKV, they can't book BLT or BCV for you until 7 months out. If it's a busy time in November (ie "Jersey week" or Thanksgiving) then it may be a bit harder to get into those locations. BLT and BCV owners will be able to start booking those properties at 11 months out.

Good luck!

E ticket rider said:
If your parents own at AKV, they can't book BLT or BCV for you until 7 months out. If it's a busy time in November (ie "Jersey week" or Thanksgiving) then it may be a bit harder to get into those locations. BLT and BCV owners will be able to start booking those properties at 11 months out.

Good luck!

Thanks! My mom keeps Saying the same thing that it might be hard :)

leighnsean said:
AKV are awesome. I thought the buses came frequently

Ive stayed at AKL plenty of times before and I love it but I have not stayed at AKV. And from my past stays I can never remember how the buses are there :) thank you for reminding me on how they run :)

We had my daughter's Sweet 16 last June at BLT. It worked out perfectly! They walked to MK, went and got counter service in Contemporary, played pool games at BLT. I didn't let them take the buses by themselves. We went to the same park as them those days and let them go off on their own once we were there. I have stayed a few times at AKV in Kidani with my family and although we love it and the space is wonderful it is out of the way for the parks. JMHO. Have fun planning!

delauzons said:
We had my daughter's Sweet 16 last June at BLT. It worked out perfectly! They walked to MK, went and got counter service in Contemporary, played pool games at BLT. I didn't let them take the buses by themselves. We went to the same park as them those days and let them go off on their own once we were there. I have stayed a few times at AKV in Kidani with my family and although we love it and the space is wonderful it is out of the way for the parks. JMHO. Have fun planning!

:) thanks! That's why I wanted to stay at BLT sows can walk to magic and take the monorail to EPCOT. Thank You :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter