best place to shop for groceries?

linco711

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at old key west over Christmas. Where is a good place to food shop near that location. We tried Publics up near the outlets in October. It's a great store, but sooo very busy, and not the easiest to get to. The traffic was awful, so cant imagine it at Christmas. Don't like goodings...Any other suggestions???
Thanks for your help,in advance:)

You might want to try the Winn-Dixie. Go to the Crossroads - like you are going to Goodings - turn left. on that street a little ways down is a shopping center on the right that has a Winn Dixie. I don't shop at Winn Dixie at home but I do like that one. It is very convenient to OKW.

We are staying at AKL in one week and i've been researching a grocery store on that side of the property. Not sure where we will end up getting supplies for the week.

You might want to try the Winn-Dixie. Go to the Crossroads - like you are going to Goodings - turn left. on that street a little ways down is a shopping center on the right that has a Winn Dixie. I don't shop at Winn Dixie at home but I do like that one. It is very convenient to OKW.

We are staying at AKL in one week and i've been researching a grocery store on that side of the property. Not sure where we will end up getting supplies for the week.

Thank you. I've seen the Winn Dixie, but like you don't shop at the Winn Dixie at home so was not sure. But this year I will try it on your recommendation. It is very convenient, and easy to get to. We loved the publix, but the traffic is terrible and there is not an easy way to get to it.

There is a much closer Publix by the Gaylord Palms hotel. It is never very crowded.

We also shop at the Super WalMart on 535. Again, not far from OKW but I would avoid it on the weekend days. It is usually packed on weekends.

[/QUOTE]We are staying at AKL in one week and i've been researching a grocery store on that side of the property. Not sure where we will end up getting supplies for the week.[/QUOTE]

There is a Publix and super Target very close by.
when exiting AKL turn right onto Sherberth Rd at the traffic light just outside the resort, follow Sherberth Rd to rt 192, turn right onto 192 there will be a Publix on the right and a Super Target on the left approx 1.5 miles down 192.

There is a much closer Publix by the Gaylord Palms hotel. It is never very crowded.

That Publix is now closed, and was replaced by a new one in the Water Tower shopping center just outside Celebration on rt 192, not very far from the old Publix, only about 1/2 mile.

We also shop at the Super WalMart on 535. Again, not far from OKW but I would avoid it on the weekend days. It is usually packed on weekends.

Can you give me more details on where this publix is located? We heard there was another Publix, but couldn't find it. Is it ray to get to?

We will be staying at old key west over Christmas. Where is a good place to food shop near that location. We tried Publics up near the outlets in October. It's a great store, but sooo very busy, and not the easiest to get to. The traffic was awful, so cant imagine it at Christmas. Don't like goodings...Any other suggestions???
Thanks for your help,in advance:)

That's the Publix I go to all the time. But you really need to avoid DTD, I4, 535, Little Lake Bryan, Mary Queen of the Universe and the Outlet Mall. I take Epcot Center Drive/World Center Drive to International Drive and avoid all that traffic.

I shopped at Winn Dixie when we lived in Alabama and it wasn't the best. I've tried it now and then, but it still isn't as good as Publix.

That's the Publix I go to all the time. But you really need to avoid DTD, I4, 535, Little Lake Bryan, Mary Queen of the Universe and the Outlet Mall. I take Epcot Center Drive/World Center Drive to International Drive and avoid all that traffic.

I shopped at Winn Dixie when we lived in Alabama and it wasn't the best. I've tried it now and then, but it still isn't as good as Publix.

Thanks so much. We will try going on international dr this time. We loved the store but got caught in all the outlet traffic and were stuck for quite some time..Thanks again!!!

Can you give me more details on where this publix is located? We heard there was another Publix, but couldn't find it. Is it ray to get to?

skelooch mentioned that it is now closed. They have built a new one on the other side of 192. You can get directions using the address 29 Blake Boulevard, Celebration, FL

Thanks so much. We will try going on international dr this time. We loved the store but got caught in all the outlet traffic and were stuck for quite some time..Thanks again!!!

You go just like you are heading to the airport, but turn North on I-Drive by the Hess Station (there is a light there and no way to turn right except into the gas station). Turn left at the light at Vineland Road and the Publix is just on your right.

I concur. This Publix is great, and easy to use. :thumbsup2

Coming from MCO to OKW what is the best and easiest market to shop say @ z10:30 pm

Coming from MCO to OKW what is the best and easiest market to shop say @ z10:30 pm

I think the Publix I referenced above closes at 10. You might need to try Wal-Mart or Super Target.

Stopped there last night. Open till 11 as promised. We spent 60. With the 5% redcard discount. Enough water snacks and breakfast. Lunch a few snacks and 2 bottles of wine for the 2 of is to last 6 days. Yay!

Thank you. I've seen the Winn Dixie, but like you don't shop at the Winn Dixie at home so was not sure. But this year I will try it on your recommendation. It is very convenient, and easy to get to. We loved the publix, but the traffic is terrible and there is not an easy way to get to it.

winn Dixie is now Bi Lo.... just fyi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter