Best place to sell used college books

cancer_survivor_06

DIS Veteran
I am currently a SAHM taking online classes full time. I have one book that I currently have listed on ebay but I am not sure if that is the best place for it. It is a Psychology (4th edition by Hockenbury & Hockenbury) book that is in near excellent condition and has never been outside of my house. Where do you buy books from online or where would someone most likely look for this book.

go to http://www.bigwords.com

enter the isbn on the back of the book and click go then click sell this item then click start price comparison... this website will show you what every book website is offerring for this book and where you canget the most $. HTH

Thanks so much I just checked this out and I have it listed on ebay for 30.00 and two of the websites I can list it on say 85.00

I buy and sell on half.com, but I have to say that the best way to sell a book is go into the class the first or second day of the next semester and just ask. I always think they're hilarious, especially when they interrupt class and better when the professor stops and allows them to try and sell it. I've bought a book like that once, and I think I only remember once or twice when they weren't successful.... :P It's fun!

I have had great success selling my used textbooks on Amazon!

I'm a SAHM in nursing school, and I also buy and sell my textbooks on half.com

Half.com!!

I listed a book earlier today and when I just checked my e-mail, it had sold!

I accidentally clicked enter when listing it on half.com and it posted can I change the price or am I stuck w/ the price listed.

ETA: I figured it out and corrected the problem thanks a bunch.

I just sold my psychology book on half.com I was excited b/c I had it listed for 60.00 well they deducted a 7.50 commision is this normal.

I just sold my psychology book on half.com I was excited b/c I had it listed for 60.00 well they deducted a 7.50 commision is this normal.

Yes, that is how they make their money. I love Half.com, I have bought and sold on there for three years now without any problems. :thumbsup2

Okay, I sold my book on half.com last tuesday and the buyer has already received the book but I have not received the payment it still says pending and the pending dates are 1/1/08-1/15/08. Should I be concerned about this or is this normal.

I have used half.com, just sold my Micro text on eBay last night for $103, and have also used Cash4books.net and textbooksrus--these will buy the books from you and you can even print a free shipping label to send the books to them. Payment via half.com can talk a while--I think they deposit $$ in my acct 1 or 2xs a month.

Half.com deposits the money from sales directly into your account two times a month. Look on the half.com site under selling textbooks and it explains the procedure. I have always been payed on time, never had a problem.

I really like half.com. The only thing that bothers me about it is that you have to wait for the payment until the pay date.

I just bought a book from ecampus.com and was very pleased! I ordered it on Sunday and had it on Tuesday.

Half is a pretty good place. No listing fees, no expiration of listing. They do take commission, but there is no longer a site that doesn't.

Between Half and Amazon, I had a pretty decent side business for about two years. It is fun to get emails all the time saying that you sold something! haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter