Best place to sell kids books

dbogen

Your wish is my command!
Now that the kids are older, I have alot of kids books. Mostly from their elementary school days that are just sitting collecting dust. Is there a "go to" place to get the most return on my investment? :rotfl2: They are still in good shape, but since they are in college and HS I don't see them reading the animal ark series any time soon. :confused3

Thanks

I don't know about best place, but I have had a lot of luck with half.com.

The nice thing about them is that it requires little to no effort. List your books, stick them in a cool, dry place and just wait for the notification you made a sale.

You can try half.com or other sites, but I think the secondary market on kids books is quite low. I pay 6/$1 at the Goodwill and .25 cents at my library for brand-new looking, very current kids books. For this reason alone, it's a rare day that my kids actually get a "new" book from the book store. It's just not a good investment on my money. Between these bargains and the library, we are always reading though.

Personally, I'd donate then to the library or local school, just to get them out of my house and to help others.

I tried to sell some for 25 cents at a yard sale, and couldn't unload them. I just give them away to younger kids (I ended up getting a lot from my neighbor, and loved that).

When I stopped teaching, my college age daughter sold some of my "good" books (ones that I read to the kids) on e-bay.

She sold them in lots of 4-6 books based on content.
If I remember correctly there were two lots of african american themed boo

Years before, she was she asked if she could gather up outgrown kid's clothes here at home and get them prepared to sell at a children's clothing consignment sale at a local church. She packaged some of her own books in big zip lock bags. I remember she had, for example, three or four Goose Bumps in a pack.

She took several packs of books and they all sold.

We kept the ones that meant most to our kids when they were little to give to them when they are older. The rest we sold in yard sales over time and then gave what was left to Goodwill for tax write off. You can also donate them to an elementary school for distribution in teacher classrooms and the library. The school system can give you a form for taxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter