Best Place to Rent ECV?

shburks

DIS Veteran
I'm planning a trip that involves an older gentleman who will need an ECV. This is new to me, so I'm figuring my way through this! He normally just walks with a cane but will need more assistance to do Disney. They're staying in a Disney resort so will need to rent from one of the approved Disney providers.

I read not good things about Apple Scooters, so I kind of scratched them from my list.

That leaves me with the following:

CARE Scooters
Buena Vista
Best Price Mobility
Scooter Bug

CARE seems to be the most expensive. Does anyone have experience with or recommendations for or against Buena Vista, Best Price Mobility or Scooterbug?

Thanks so much!

... They're staying in a Disney resort so will need to rent from one of the approved Disney providers. ...

I just wanted to point out that there is no "requirement" to rent from the "Featured Vendors" if staying onsite. These are vendors who have agreed to certain terms with WDW and therefore are allowed to utilize Bell Services at the resorts for pick-up and drop-off. Other vendors are not necessarily inferior in any way and they will make arrangements to meet you personally for drop-off and pick-up of the ECV. If he is not familiar with using an ECV on a regular basis, this may actually be a better option because they will go over details of how to use the ECV.

I'm not sure how current, but the disABILITIES FAQ sticky near the top of this forum does include feedback from DISers about various vendors -- both Featured and Non-Featured.

Enjoy your vacation!

Frankly, I recommend Walker, Randy's and Scootaround. Great experiences with all three, multiple times.

To the best of my knowledge, the "approved" companies have paid a fee to Disney for the ability to use Bell Services instead of having to meet the client after arrival.

Has anyone rented from Apple Scooters recently?
I'm only asking because we used them last year when we stayed at POFQ, and their customer service was brilliant. Every email was answered promptly.
But I've contacted them several times via email within the last month, and haven't had a single reply from them.
Are they still in business?
Is there any other way to contact them to ask for a quote, other than phoning them (I'm in the uk so would work out expensive) ?
Thanks

We just got back from a trip last week and rented from Randy's Mobility. His scooter and customer service was AWESOME! It was only $150 for 6 days - you just can't beat that. Our dad had the most wonderful time due to the fact that he was able to save all his energy for having fun instead of needing to walk or stand for long periods.

We rented from scooter bug and had awesome service. We called the day that we arrived and with no notice beforehand they had it to us in a half hour. The scooter looked brand new and held a charge for two full days without dropping even a bar. We rented for 14 days and I believe it came to about 250$ but I'm not positive. Pickup went just as smoothly and the guy who came was super friendly. We had no problems so I can't really speak to their out of hours service. Overall we were super impressed with how easy the whole thing was.

Frankly, I recommend Walker, Randy's and Scootaround. Great experiences with all three, multiple times.

To the best of my knowledge, the "approved" companies have paid a fee to Disney for the ability to use Bell Services instead of having to meet the client after arrival.

Hi.
When you say Walker, do you mean Walker Mobility?
We have rented from there a few times and will do so again if they can meet me (for my mom) when I check in to GFVs.

Last year, I rented from Apple since Walker Mobility could not leave at Bell Services any longer and we had a couple of issues and I rather not rent from them again.

Thank you.

My daughter is planning to take a trip in August to Walt Disney World and she is bring her mom(me) and her mommom and I need a scooter because my health is not as good as it use to be can anybody tell me where to get one at a reasonable price for a week stay.Thank You

My daughter is planning to take a trip in August to Walt Disney World and she is bring her mom(me) and her mommom and I need a scooter because my health is not as good as it use to be can anybody tell me where to get one at a reasonable price for a week stay.Thank You
Follow the link in my signature to the disABILITIES FAQs thread (or look near the top of this board).
Post 2 of that thread is about renting mobility devices and has a list of companies. It includes links to their websites and phone numbers.
I just wanted to point out that there is no "requirement" to rent from the "Featured Vendors" if staying onsite. These are vendors who have agreed to certain terms with WDW and therefore are allowed to utilize Bell Services at the resorts for pick-up and drop-off. Other vendors are not necessarily inferior in any way and they will make arrangements to meet you personally for drop-off and pick-up of the ECV. If he is not familiar with using an ECV on a regular basis, this may actually be a better option because they will go over details of how to use the ECV.

I'm not sure how current, but the disABILITIES FAQ sticky near the top of this forum does include feedback from DISers about various vendors -- both Featured and Non-Featured.

Enjoy your vacation!
Yes - very important to keep in mind.
The 'featured' providers can drop off and pick up from a Bell Services and you will need yo schedule to meet the company rep for the other companies.

But, there are many good companies that are not 'featured/preferred' vendors.

Hi.
When you say Walker, do you mean Walker Mobility?
We have rented from there a few times and will do so again if they can meet me (for my mom) when I check in to GFVs.

Last year, I rented from Apple since Walker Mobility could not leave at Bell Services any longer and we had a couple of issues and I rather not rent from them again.

Thank you.
Yes, Walker Mobility

To quote my post on another topic here:

I've used Walker for 8+ years and never had a problem...Walker always has the best price and the scooters are always top notch! They also have techs on Disney property all day and pick up/deliver 7am-9pm 365 days a year. Highly recommend Walker.
Just my 2 cents...

We leased 2 scooters for elderly parents in May and was very pleased with the outstanding service and quality provided by Walker Mobility. We are planning a Christmas/New Years stay in Orlando and will definitely use them again for that trip. Excellent company.
William

I didn't think Walker Mobility are the best-priced - but did think it was cute that I could order a pink ECV if I wanted (albeit slightly more expensive because I assume there's a certain amount of donation for breast cancer included in the cost).

I did, on the other hand, get a really good quote from Florida Mobility. They also deliver until 9pm - which no-one else seems to want to do!

Has anyone heard of them and can anyone recommend them? I read their own reviews, but they could just post their best and not the worst, so it isn't always accurate.

Cheers

Yellow Scooters July 2014

Do NOT rent from this company

Our annual Orlando family vacation occurred during July of 2014. My mom, who is just shy of 75 years old, has recently had two knee surgeries and requires a motorized scooter for any walking trips. This year, instead of renting from the parks, we decided to rent from an Orlando business to avoid my mother having to walk from the parking lots to the actual parks. I choose this company because its online advertisements stated it would “last all day in the parks.” I even rented the extra battery, so we could charge one while we used the other one. Each battery weighs about 50 pounds. I checked the required weight limit for the scooter, and my mom fell into the average range. I thought we were ready to go. We are the family that arrives when the park opens and stays until the park closes, or until we drop. This scooter was supposed to keep up with us.
Well, this scooter did not last all day long. On Tuesday we departed Animal Kingdom early because the scooter was dying. My children we disappointed. We barely made it back to our car before the battery just died. I assumed I had just not properly charged the battery as I’ve never done this before. We went on to Universal Studios on Thursday. We arrived at the park around 10:30 am and at approximately 4 pm, the scooter died, in the middle of a rainstorm in the middle of Diagon Alley. My 75 year old mother was essentially stranded in the middle of a crowed, rainy, amusement park. After an ordeal with Universal Studios about using an electrical outlet, we called Yellow Scooter Rentals for help and advice. I spoke with Lisa, a representative. Lisa at first was cordial and listened to my concerns. She suggested I call her driver and ask him what to do. I quickly asked her to do that (as I feel it is her job to help me). She did and called me back. Her response was we should have rented a spare battery. I informed her that we did. She stated I should I brought it with us. I reminded her that the battery weighs 50 pounds! It’s not something I can carry around a park with my 75 year old mother and my two children. Then Lisa stated that she didn’t know how much my mother weighed by if she weighed too much the scooter would not last the 30 miles a day it was guaranteed to last. I use an iPhone app to keep track of my walking daily. We did NOT walk that much that day; we walked approximately 15 miles. After this she asked if I received a charger with the scooter. I told her we did. We received two chargers, one for each battery. Then she said we should have brought the charger with us. I informed her that we did, but were having trouble with Universal Studios with using an outlet. She then informed me that “Universal wont’ let us into the park.” I explained that I didn’t want her/Yellow Scooter in the park, I just wanted advice and help as to how to how my mother. She repeated blamed Universal Studios for my troubles. I reminded her that I was guaranteed a full day at the parks with this scooter. She asked “Who did you speak to when you reserved it?” I told her I used the online reservation system and only chatted online with a representative whose name was at my home in Georgia. Again, Lisa blamed Universal Studios and repeated “Universal wont’ let us into the park.” I finally said,” I don’t want nor am I asking you to come to Universal Studios. I’m asking you to compensate us for your failure to meet your guarantee.” She said there was nothing she was going to do.
I stated that if she was not going to do anything, I would write bad reviews on every web site I could find that dealt with scooter rentals. At this point, Lisa hung up on me. Yes, she really hung up on me.
Therefore, based on our week of using this scooter rental company, the battery’s failure to last all day, and the company’s failure to respond to my request for help, I do NOT endorse this company.

Sincerely,
Laura Douglas

How have I missed posting in this thread? I hardly ever miss a chance to brag on Walker Mobility! I've used Walker Mobility on our last 3 trips, and have a ECV reserved with them for our trip coming up in Sept/Oct. Even though they aren't one of Disney's "preferred providers", they are allowed to bring your ECV to your resort. The difference is that you have to be at the resort to meet their delivery person to pick your ECV up (not literally, those things are HEAVY, LOL! :lmao:). [In the 'old days', they would just leave it with Bell Services at the resort and you would pick it up from them rather than directly from the Walker Mobility representative.] Then you meet with the delivery person again on the day you leave (or whenever you're turning the scooter/ECV back over to them). To me, this is no big deal considering the difference in price and the great service they've always provided. Thier ECVs batteries last a LONG time. I've never even come close to running out of power no matter how long the day has been, even with MNSSHP, EMH, etc. And, this year I've got a PINK one reserved! Fitting, for a JenniBuginPink, don't ya' think?

The pink scooters from Walker are faster than their other colored ones. They are newer and have less miles. The are real "racing scooters". I nearly tipped mine last year from trying to turn and going too fast.

Have fun and be safe.

The pink scooters from Walker are faster than their other colored ones. They are newer and have less miles. The are real "racing scooters". I nearly tipped mine last year from trying to turn and going too fast.

Have fun and be safe.

Thanks for the warning!

I have rented from Apple and one other company. I love Apple. No problem at all and service was great. To me, the best is the free insurance. Last Apple rental was late May. The other company which I won't name, had a hassle with the battery. I discovered that if you are within 10 lbs of the wt limit get the bigger scooter. It makes a difference in maintaining a charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter