• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best place to purchase park hoppers

jimmytammy

<font color=purple>Swivel, it's a hard habit to br
We are planning a 1st visit to DL/CA in Feb 2013 but looking at all options way in advance.
We want to purchase tickets ahead of time in hopes of saving $$. Where do our options lie?

We are planning a 1st visit to DL/CA in Feb 2013 but looking at all options way in advance.
We want to purchase tickets ahead of time in hopes of saving $$. Where do our options lie?

I always buy my tickets directly from Disneyland.com. When you order online in advance, you usually get a discount.

That said, it is TOO early to order your tickets :) Right now the only tickets available anywhere are valid through December 31st, 2012. This means if you were to buy any tickets now, you could not use them for your February 2013 trip. This is because Disneyland DOES raise their ticket prices every year.

There are usually promotions for February since it is considered the off-season. Because of that, I would actually encourage you to wait until those off-season prices for 2013 are released, which will likely be fall/winter 2012. The tricky part is if they release non-promotional tickets prior to the summer of 2012, will that price be cheaper than a promotional ticket in February 2013, since prices tend to go up around summer (this year it was before summer, in years past it's been after summer). That's the only part that's really gambling, but the bottom line is you're going to have to wait!

As stated by PP, you need to be very careful buying tickets very early for DL. DL tickets do have expiration dates on them and must be used by that date. I wouldn't even consider buying 2013 tickets until later next year.

I would definitely wait as well however when you do go to make your purchase, you can get great deals from Get Away Today. If you only want tickets, call, don't order on line. They will give you a better price. 1-800-523-6116.

Call me crazy but I always go through craigslist. I have the last 3 years and have had no issues and saved a whole lot of money as well

Call me crazy but I always go through craigslist. I have the last 3 years and have had no issues and saved a whole lot of money as well

Absolutely not recommended, and not allowed. The sale or transfer of Disney tickets is against Disneyland policy (it's printed right on the ticket). In addition to being prohibited, it's also incredibly risky. There's no way of knowing that a ticket you'd be buying on Craigslist was even valid. I see you're a new poster, so you should know that encouraging the violation of Disneyland policy is not allowed on these boards, and so recommending that people buy tickets from Craigslist could get you a warning from site moderators and they can delete those posts.

Absolutely not recommended, and not allowed. The sale or transfer of Disney tickets is against Disneyland policy (it's printed right on the ticket). In addition to being prohibited, it's also incredibly risky. There's no way of knowing that a ticket you'd be buying on Craigslist was even valid. I see you're a new poster, so you should know that encouraging the violation of Disneyland policy is not allowed on these boards, and so recommending that people buy tickets from Craigslist could get you a warning from site moderators and they can delete those posts.

Wasnt trying to stir the pot. But I go to their office across the street and boom im in for a hopper pass for 65.00. Not bad. but again sorry for this post, not sure why its not allowed though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter