Best Place to Propose Marriage!

Our son proposed 22 days ago. His now fiancee is an intern at WDW and didn't expect him to fly down that weekend. He sent her a box with a dress, shoes and a bag and a note to meet him at the CG...except she wasn't to open the box until told to do so.

They had sushi and wine at CG and then strolled over to MK and watched WISHES from the train station. The plan was to take a launch:boat: over to the GF but they weren't running that night. So they took the monorail over. There they had dinner at V&A which was a first for her and only the second time for our son. After a great dinner (but no rose:( ), they strolled over to the Polynesian to "their hammock." And there he proposed.

When she described it to me over the phone the next morning, I had tears in my eyes. Still get a little misty thinking of it.

So many people raised good sons! I am going to print all these out and give to my DS (he is only two) so he wont be like his dad and grandpa before him. They BOTH proposed the same way- threw a bag to me and my mother in law in the car outside the mall they got the rings at!

Not quite the same thing...but whenever we go by the wedding pavilion at the GF when we are on the monorail, I tell my son that that is where he can get married. He just rolls his eyes at me.....after all, he is only 9! :)

I have loved all your romantic stories. My MIL had given DH her engangement ring when she saw we were getting serious. The night he proposed he couldn't get the words out and he ended up saying something like - "Would ya?" :) I did, and we'll be celebrating 17 years in June.

Jill

My fiancee proposed to me during dinner at the California Grill in June of 2002. We were vacationing in WDW for our second trip together. I had no clue he would propose because he had spent the last 6 months telling me he probably would propose until after the holidays (meaning Dec2002). That was part of his plan because he knew it would take a lot of work to fool me in my favorite place on earth!
He went crazy to get us a great seat to watch the fireworks. I still had no clue b/c he went through the same trouble on our trip 2 years prior for my birthday dinner at CG. During the fireworks with the music piped in, he came around to my seat, got down on one knee, said some wonderful things and proposed! I was in shock. We cried and hugged! People seated near us were crying along with us.The whole restaurant was in on it, and they were cheering and clapping! Some people took pictures of the proposal and then got our address after dinner to send them to us! The maitre'd found some California Grill postcards and a velvet wine case with the restaurant name and year 2002 printed on it as a memento. It was a moment we will both never forget.
Just wanted to share that story with you and relive the joy we felt back in June of 2002. We are just 6 weeks away from our big day now and we can't wait to be married.
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Those are all great ideas/stories!

My fiance proposed to me during Illuminations in Oct. '03. We were back away from the crowd in front of the castle in Canana overlooking the waterfall . . . . . it was perfect. :love2: (And I am still shocked because somehow I never saw it coming.) We will be married in Nov. and will spend part of our honeymoon at WDW-- it just seems right. :lovestruc

I proposed to my finace last year right in front of the castle just as Fantasy in the Sky fireworks concluded.

We were at the Polynesian luau and they "randomly" pulled a couple up on stage. At that point, we all realized it wasn't so random, when the guy got down on his knees and proposed to hs girlfriend!! It was so sweet....everyone in the audience cheered!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter