Best Place to get Autograph Book

Scootersbabygirl

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to get things ready for our trip and one of the things I don't have yet are autograph books for both of the kiddos - we're trying to do things as inexpensively as possible, so where would you go to get inexpensive autograph books? Thank you!

I have seen them on ebay pretty cheap. You could also make your own.

Once I read about someone using a hard back story book with all the different characters in it. The characters could sign by their picture.

I'm trying to get things ready for our trip and one of the things I don't have yet are autograph books for both of the kiddos - we're trying to do things as inexpensively as possible, so where would you go to get inexpensive autograph books? Thank you!

I just noticed it's your first trip to Disney, congrats!!
We took the picture (8x10) of my son with his mouse ears on and had the characters sign it.
This time around, we plan to have one of the photographers at the Magic Kingdom take our family photo, have it printed then have all the characters sign it. This may be more money then you want to spend, but it would be something you could frame or put in a scrap book.

I've seen them at the Disney shopping site in the clearance dept - or if you have a Character Warehouse outlet store near you, I've seen them for about $2. You can also make them with scrap book materials - I'll bet the crafty threads here probably have instructions for them. Happy planning! Nothing like your first time at WDW!

And to follow up Tammie (hi Tammie :)), I made two last trip for our kids. I did the cover at home and printed that out, took it to Kinkos, had it laminated (front & back) and then a spiral binding on it - and I ended up spending about what you can buy them for made if I didn't look at the cost of the cardstock I had at home. If you want it more personalized, it is a great thing to do, but it won't be a money saver.

There were some really great choices in the resorts gift shops (I THINK it was 6.99-10.99).
Good luck!

We went last year with family friends, and we made a total of 5 autograph books. I knew before making them that I wanted to use them in scrapbook albums for my kids.

We took blank 5 x 7 index cards and printed the character pics that we found here on the DIS (under the creative forums). We also printed covers for each of the books, and then took them to Staples to have a clear plastic cover added to the front & back, and had them add a plastic spiral binding.

One change I will make for next time - we had put the characters in alphabetic order. It was nice to have them in some order, but next time I will group the characters together by theme/story/etc. When there were multiple characters together (the Fairies, Lady Tremaine & the step sisters, Jungle Book, etc), it was hard to flip through the books (3 of them) as you moved from one character to the next. I also had blank index cards along for the characters that we didn't make cards for, and for those we saw more than once - usually the fab 5 due to character meals, etc.

Good luck!

go to abc distributing...there is a disney encyclopedia with all the characters and their descriptions. I ordered one for each of my DD's (ages 6 and 3). We are having the characters sign their pages. I found this tip on the Dis and can't wait to give it to them!!!!!

go to abc distributing...there is a disney encyclopedia with all the characters and their descriptions. I ordered one for each of my DD's (ages 6 and 3). We are having the characters sign their pages. I found this tip on the Dis and can't wait to give it to them!!!!!

Very cute and super cheap! I might use that next time instead of printing my own.
Any ideas on how it holds up?

Just go to the gift shop when you first get there and buy one of Disney's. It will cost you around $7 per and they are nice and light and have room for a picture. This is not something you need to pre-buy they are absolutetly everywhere and not expensive at all.

Personally, if you can convince your kids, I think the character interaction is so much better without handing them the pen and having them sign an autograph. When we didn't have our books the characters were much more fun and spent a few more moments with us. We took plenty of pictures as a remembrance.

As far as the character encyclopedia or a heavy hand made autograph book, remember you will have to drag this around the whole trip. I learned this from experience and swore never again. We are in a different situation as we have been lucky to go several times, but I'm hoping next time will just be hugs and pics.

Personally, if you can convince your kids, I think the character interaction is so much better without handing them the pen and having them sign an autograph. When we didn't have our books the characters were much more fun and spent a few more moments with us. We took plenty of pictures as a remembrance.

I totally agree with that. One day we forgot our book and the girls had some much fun joking around with the characters. However making our own book also got my girls lots of attention! I tried but I was not successful in tying to get them not to do autographs:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter