Best place to eat and watch Super Bowl??

BYC

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know where would be a good place for a small group to get together for Super Bowl (Feb. 1st) and a nice meal? I am not a football fan, and have never been to any of the "sporty" places in Disney. Any advice?

As for me, I would avoid the obvious places (ESPN, etc.). I had a great time a few years ago in the food court of Pop Century. I ate a giant plate of nachos and watched the Colts beat the Bears (oh well, I'm a Pats fan).

They had the game on in the food court? Do many of the places do that for Super Bowl?

If you are at a Deluxe, call Room Service and have the meal in a room and watch the TV there.

I have heard many people say that there are few channels on the TV's in Disney. Will Super Bowl be shown on the TV's in the rooms? (not deluxe, by the way...POP)

Disney has the main netword channels and it is always on one of the big networks.

ESPN will be packed to the rafters. Food courts will be playing the game (or have in the past) but I am all for watching it in the room with room service or snacks brought in.

We are usually in Disney for either the playoffs or the Superbowl and ESPN is mobbed. One year when we were there for superbowl they had a tent set up outside for some overflow. Major mobscene!!

I remember being at Dixie Landings(now POR) several years ago during Super
Bowl Weekend. The lounge just off of the Boatwrights restaurant was having
a special Super Bowl shindig of some sort. I'll bet most of the resort lounges
do something for this big event.

Wish we would have known about the resort lounges when we were there a few years ago. I'm a huge Eagles fan and we were down when the Eagles were in the Super Bowl. Our plan was to go to ESPN. Bad idea!!!! Don't do that.

Sounds like the lounges/food courts or room service is the best advice.

The Super Bowl will be shown on NBC this year. I totally agree with getting some food and watching the game in your room. You don't even have to order room service - you can visit the food court in a value or moderate and bring items back.

Personally, the only place I like to watch the Super Bowl is in a room where I can actually watch and, more importantly, hear the commercials. I mean, the game. Of course I meant the game.

You'll be a 90 minute drive from where the Superbowl is taking place! (I don't care for football, but I've been to Tampa dozens of times). Think of great the atmosphere would be at a sports bar in Tampa, or a nearby town. Wow!!!

Last Feb we were staying at Boardwalk Villa's the day of the Super Bowl. ESPN started letting people sit at noon and was filled up by 1 pm. They expanded the seating to an outside patio and filled that as well.

There is a small bar on the Boardwalk Inn side that brought in 2 TV's and extra chairs to accomodate those watching the game. It almost seemed like you were attending a party at a friend's house. The bar seating is couches and living room type chairs....made for a very cozy homey feeling.

One note is that they do not serve food. I asked and was told I could either order room service to be delivered to the bar or I could bring something in from the Boardwalk. I went back to my villa and made a cheese and sausage tray. Too bad I didn't have more groceries....I could have sold a few snack trays!

ESPN is always packed...

I would go to the All Star Cafe. Its a sports bar & has a ton more seating, and think it would be a much better option. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter