Best place to buy shares

nightrider68

Mouseketeer
For those shareholders that have bought recently, please could you let me know who you used ?

This will be a one off trade so don't wont to pay any annual or quarterly charge

Thanks

if you look thought theres a nother thread and it has a link for the halifax.
thats where i got mine and it was so easy, did it all online

ODL markets. (recently changed their name but cant remember it)
You set up an account - follow the links.
Provide a form of i.d and i think 2 proofs of address and then they will email you when your account is set up.
You then fund your account, credit card being the easiest way but I did it by bank transfer which cleared very quickly.
Once your account is funded you sign in, click thru to the mybroker link and type EDL-F into the symbol box, choose the quantity and purchase them.
They charge a one off fee of €14.95 which you must have in your account along with the funds to cover the shares.
You then click thru to the status page - if your shares purchase goes straight to 'other orders' you need to emal or live chat them to rectify this - i did and by that afternoon i was able to buy my shares.
Share price yesterday was €9 even.

Best of luck, hope all goes well.

The halifax require a minium opening balance of £100

After you have bought the shares, is it possible to withdraw the balance ?

Hi, yes you can take what's left of the money out of your Halifax account once you've bought the shares.

Also, the Halifax occasionally do a fee free offer for international share dealing, so if you're not in a rush you can open your share dealing account now, and hope the offer comes around before you need to buy shares. I'm not sure if there's a pattern to when they run the offer, or if it's an annual thing.

Thanks for the reply, that's great

Our next trip isn't until the end of August so will open it and leave it until the end of June to see if any offers come out.

I checked First Direct and they hold them in a nominee company - presume HSBC will be the same - also First Direct didn't do international.

Thanks for the reply, that's great

Our next trip isn't until the end of August so will open it and leave it until the end of June to see if any offers come out.

Good idea. Once you have opened your account, they will e-mail you when there are any offers on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter