• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best place to buy an Ipod nano 8gb?

AngieWin

<font color=green>other than that it was all about
I havent seen many places to buy one much under $150 for a new one, so as far as a cheaper deal I think I am stuck. But which online website will give me the best bonus deal? I have mypoints and ebates, and I saw Target.com had a bonus headset too. I need to earn some more $ or giftcards for vacation :goodvibes

$134 at Amazon.com

- My son's one was stolen a few months back (sad because he saved up for it for almost a year) and if economic times allowed it I'd buy him a new one from here. Problem is he found out Apple.com engraves the ipods and he wants one someone will be sorry they stole.

$134 at Amazon.com

- My son's one was stolen a few months back (sad because he saved up for it for almost a year) and if economic times allowed it I'd buy him a new one from here. Problem is he found out Apple.com engraves the ipods and he wants one someone will be sorry they stole.

same thing happened my sons and husbands.. (sons friend I was giving a ride to school stole them)

I wanted to get them engraved but the savings at amazon won out lol.

Free shipping, no tax.

Hubby and I just got the 16 gig from amazon also.

OP.. if you are into audio books if you sign up for audible.com you get a $100 off one at amazon. I did that with mine since I like the Audio books.

I'm pretty sure you can engrave the refurb ones that are on Apple's site.

I'm pretty sure you can engrave the refurb ones that are on Apple's site.

Unfortunately you cannot get the refurbs engraved. Apple should reconsider this. I would pay to have it engraved, while it may not completely stop the thief, it may deter:confused3

from apple.com

Quality products/great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
- Engraving and gift wrap not available for refurbished iPods

Unfortunately you cannot get the refurbs engraved. Apple should reconsider this. I would pay to have it engraved, while it may not completely stop the thief, it may deter:confused3

I thought you could. I remember maybe 3-4 years ago you could?

I may be also thinking of the now non existant teacher discount on all Apple products which was the same price as the refurbs. You could get engraving on the teacher discount items.

We've owned 5-6 Ipods in this house --going back to 2004. We have never engraved because of resale value. We have registered the serial numbers with Apple so if we ever get any stolen (not yet!)--Apple will know!

Engraving aside, definitely go for a refurb! Anything I can buy this way, I do. Saves LOTS of $$$$ and they usually carry the full warranties. They're basically new with something little wrong that they fixed. They can't sell as new though.

I bought both my laptop (refurb - was brand new though) and my kid's new tower (scratch and dent, but was only one mark that came off with Mr. Clean eraser) through Dell's outlet online...saved several hundred dollars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter