Best place for a family "Christmas Card" photo?

Cree629

Mouseketeer
Going to be at WDW November 24-30th. BEYOND EXCITED! Would love to use a great family photo from our trip for our Christmas card this year. I would probably want to use a Photopass photographer's picture... So I was wondering which park has (in your opinion) the best, most "Christmassy" spot for a family photo to be taken by a Photopass photographer.

I am asking mostly because I would probably like us to dress in a certain way for our Christmas card picture (nothing fancy-- just for us to at least coordinate with each other a little more than we might on a usual park day), so if I know which park I'm hoping to get the pic taken in, I will know which day to have us dress for it!

Thanks!

I imagine most people will find this answer boring, but any time I try to choose a group photo I end up choosing one in front of the castle with Walt's Statue behind or beside us. I like that is the classic icon, and immediately recognizable to pretty much anyone where the picture was taken. I aso like castle pictures taken from the little area to the right of the castle off of the walkway to Tomorrowland, i think. There's usually a photopass photographer there.

I'm sure other people will have great ideas with more imaginative locations, but I thought I would throw my obvious one out for you!

I agree with ninafeliz, but have it taken at night so that it shows the castle lights.

We are doing our Christmas card picture in the sleigh outside the Christmas Shoppe in MK! I know it doesn't have a "classic Disney" prop/image in it, but I absolutely love the atmosphere.

There are a ton of great options. If you want one with a character, we love our family shots with Santa Goofy at AK. If you want one at night there are photo pass set ups at Osborne lights at dhs or at the castle lights at MK. We've seen lots of people dressed up or in pjs doing it with the photo pass person at the GF tree. At MVMCP party you could do one with a character in their holiday clothes. The front of Epcot usually has some Christmas greenery. One year it was Mickey and Minnie bushes in Santa hats. Epcot, AK and dhs all have big Christmas trees (the MK one won't be up until after you leave because of the parade taping)

Our trip was in May but I planned it so we had santa hats with us and got our picture taken in front of each icon with our hats. I love our pictures from osborne lights and ones in front of AK tree. I can try to upload some of ours if that would help you with ideas.

I think the obvious in front of the castle but at night with the lights on is a gorgeous idea. Also with a character in their Christmas attire would be precious!!

it's not photopass but at DTD there is a great setting next to the Christmas shop with characters and a Christmas tree.

There's a small but cute Christmas shop and outside snowman at MGM (over by the Muppets and Mama Melrose) that would make a nice backdrop.

ETA: Nevermind, I missed the whole Photopass thing.

Personally, I like the big tree at Epcot -- the ornaments are themed from the various countries around the World Showcase!

My suggestions are the Christmas tree at Grand Floridian (they have a photopass photographer there) or the gingerbread house there.

Laurie

2 years ago we took a really nice picture in front of the tree outside Animal Kingdom and used it on our cards.

We used a pic taken by the huge toy soldiers in the town square area of MK. It's very festive but you can't see the castle as well as normal with the holiday decor blocking it.

We take pictures in lots of christmasy spots all around WDW and just see what we like best once we get home.
We like the entrance to Epcot usually there is a bunch of christmasy/character stuff with Spaceship Earth in the background. Easy spot to not have a bunch a other people in your shot.
Going to try for something at the Osborn Lights this year since my DH is christmas light crazy!

Bev

Years and years ago in October, we were at Blizzard Beach, and the mom of the family next to us, whipped out 3 big fluffy Santa hats, plopped them on her 3 very wet, giggling boys (maybe 10 and under-ish) heads, and took a picture with the kid's area as their backdrop.

Cutest idea, IMO. Didn't make any sense - but they had Santa hats on. :santa::rotfl:

The lobby at AKL. we did ours there last year the weekend after Thanksgiving. There is a Photopass guy there too at certain times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter