Best Place for 1st Night Dinner (near Emerald Island)

rysmama215

Earning My Ears
We're arriving at MCO at 615 pm on our first night, and staying at Emerald Island. I'm sure we'll be hungry by that point, but I'd like to find something really close to the complex so that we can just finish up dinner and head right to the house.

Nothing fast food/drive through, but nothing fancy schmancy either.

I know there's a ton of places around, but I'd love to know what the regulars recommend.

FWIW, we're not picky eaters at all. We will have a 5 year old with us, if it makes a difference.

TIA!! :goodvibes

Good question...
If we are looking for a fast meal, we usually head for the Golden Corral on 192 just east of Formosa Gardens Blvd, that leads to EI..This is a very popular buffet and the food us usually excellent and fresh...it is a great place for breakfast...

other option is across the street from Golden Corral at Denny's. Again, busy but well run and food is usually very good.

3rd option would be Giordono's Pizza. It is in the shopping center just as you turn onto Formosa Gardens blvd...good pizza...very convenient to EI...There is also a Red Lobster and Outback right there...I am sure you will find something close...
Others may have great ideas too...

Have a great time!

Ted

You might even try a hot dog or burger at the Emerald Island Tiki Bar at the clubhouse. Now that would be fast and convenient.

Combo plan...
Head straight for the house...check out where Giordono's is as you drive by the Formosa Gardens Blvd. shopping center. You are now less than 2 miles from EIsland...

Call Giordono's from the house (407 397 0044) and order deep dish pizza to pick up...get settled in, pop a liquid or two by the pool, send dad over to Giordono's to pick up the pizza, 3-4 minutes for the drive, and kick back on your first night!!
Beverages are right next door at the big super Market...But don't buy all the groceries here as it is very expensive! Head back out on hwy 192 turn left a go a mile or so to the Publix on your right for most of your supplies. But for the first night, this is a easy place to buy the basics.

Enjoy...Ted

Another quick idea is curbside to go at Outback and Carrabbas.

Place your order and they bring it out to the car. Both are in the Formosa Gardens shopping center which is right around the corner from EI.

Very convenient if you are tired or the wait is too long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter