Best Place During the CP?

Climber656

WDWCP Spring 09'!
I am having a hard time deciding where I want to live during my college program. I would love it if everyone who has done a CP could post their thoughts, pros, cons, and any information they have to offer about the different complexes. SO, please! Chime in!

I am having a hard time deciding where I want to live during my college program. I would love it if everyone who has done a CP could post their thoughts, pros, cons, and any information they have to offer about the different complexes. SO, please! Chime in!

I have lived in both Chatham and Patterson. They are both nice. But as of now, I prefer Chatham. For one thing, Patterson is still pretty new and there weren't that many people there last summer. For another, the buses didn't stop at Patterson last summer (and I believe they still don't). This is not fun at all late at night, in the rain, or after you've gone shopping (I have done all 3).

So this is how lazy I am....I found a post I made to another CP board like 2 years ago...this is what I had to say....

I had minimal problems with Vista, besides the occasional loud music coming from loud CP's...but not much besides that. A few minor apt. problems that were easily fixed. I had a lot of friends in Chatham so I did spend a lot of time there...it's nice. If I ever went back I'd request Chatham, but I think both are bearable...but i guess it depends on the person, some of my Chatham friends were scared to come to Vista...lets just say there is a bit more multiculturalism at Vista. If your looking to meet more people, Vista is the place, there's always CP's walking around. Chatham is more quaint, IDK, completely a personal choice.

So since I wrote that I have been back and stayed in Chatham. I liked it. I have to agree with what I said 2 years ago, in that it's completely personal preference. Vista in some respects is closer to Property, and I believe more of the pool parties and events are at Vista (although that may be changing since Chatham and the new complex are right next to eachother). Chatham can be just as loud as Vista...just depends on your roomies and neighbors. If I went for a 3rd CP (lol) I would have not preference of where I stayed...okay maybe I'd lean a bit towards Chatham :rotfl:

I have no opinion on the new complex, as it was being built when I was there....what is the name? I can't think of it, and it's driving me crazy!!! *edit* PATTERSON....thank you!

I lived in Vista and personally I loved it. Yes it is not as new as Chatham or Patterson but when I was there they were doing a lot of the apartments over. I never really had a problem. Was it loud? Sometimes but it really didnt bother me. Were there parties? yes but I also saw parties in Chatham. The best thing to do is just go in with an open mind. If you get Vista dont worry most of the stuff you hear is just stories.

Chatham is awesome. I miss it so much! I liked the feel of the apartment, the size (3 bedroom and we had 3 bathrooms, hurray!) and the location. I didn't pick Vista because I'm not a partier and I like being away from things a little bit.

I liked Chatham. I had a three bedroom apartment (so 6 people) and each bedroom had a bathroom.

My boyfriend lived in a three bredroom in Vista so I was there a lot. It was loud and the apartments had smaller ceilings and bathrooms, which there were only two of.

Personally I liked Chatham much better. I was able to go to parties and hang out at vista all the time but I liked being able to come home to a nicer, quieter apartment when I was tired from working until 2 am

I have no experience with Patterson, so I can't give input on that complex. I lived in Chatham and really enjoyed it - quiet for the most part, though I swear the boys upstairs moved furniture or wrestled late at night. Vista = loud and not as new.

This is all really good stuff. Can anyone tell me more about Patterson Court? I am really interested in living there. I am a social person, but when it comes down to it, I like piece and quite.

I did the CP in the spring of 2007 and lived in a three bedroom in Vista. I am more of the social and partier type and loved Vista. I got the best roommates one with my interests could hope for. Chatham is a lot more low key than Vista and did not seem like a fun and sociable place to live. A lot of the friends we made from Chatham came to our place in Vista to party because we always had people over and apparently there was not much for them to do in Chatham. One of the girls I knew actually moved from Chatham to Vista because she was so bored over there. I guess some would like a bigger and newer place but it is not like Vista is ancient and gross. I never had any problems with my place. So basically, if you like to socialize and have a good time, live in Vista. If you like a more low key and quiet atmosphere, live in Chatham. I cannot speak for Patterson because it was not even being constructed when I was there (I don't think). I applied for four professional internships that start in January but if I do not get any of them I applied for the CP again as well. I might have to check out Patterson if they are as fun as Vista. Any other people want to give their experience in Patterson and what it is like? I am very interested to hear.

I lived in a Vista 3 bedroom my first CP and Chatham 2 bedroom the second time around. I thought that both were good, but since I didn't have a car and didn't like to bum rides from people too often, Vista was more convenient for me. Honestly my Vista apt area was pretty much just as quiet as my Chatham one.

This is all really good stuff. Can anyone tell me more about Patterson Court? I am really interested in living there. I am a social person, but when it comes down to it, I like piece and quite.

Patterson is ok. I stayed there last summer, when it first opened. It was super-quiet (since it is still under construction). Also, the buses don't stop there. So if you don't have a car, it can be a pain.

Love Chatham. Would stay here again in a second. I don't have time for partying (so much work and homework!) so it's great to be able to go home and nap whenever I want... get plenty of rest at night. I've heard a lot of things about problems at PC- mail issues, plumbing problems, things that come with a new building. I like chatham over vista because we can walk to publix- I walk there at least once a week because the walmart bus takes FOREVER!!

Love Chatham. Would stay here again in a second. I don't have time for partying (so much work and homework!) so it's great to be able to go home and nap whenever I want... get plenty of rest at night. I've heard a lot of things about problems at PC- mail issues, plumbing problems, things that come with a new building. I like chatham over vista because we can walk to publix- I walk there at least once a week because the walmart bus takes FOREVER!!

Thats good information to know! How far is the walk from Chatham to publix?

My son was accepted into the program a few weeks ago. How do you pick your apartment complex? I know the paperwork he got said he was to report to the Vista Apartments on his first day. Does that mean that is where he will be living, or does he get to tell them he would like another place.

Thanks

My son was accepted into the program a few weeks ago. How do you pick your apartment complex? I know the paperwork he got said he was to report to the Vista Apartments on his first day. Does that mean that is where he will be living, or does he get to tell them he would like another place.

Thanks

Vista is where check-in takes place. At check-in, they ask you which complex you would like to stay in and they try to place you there.

Thats good information to know! How far is the walk from Chatham to publix?

Beware though Publix is waaaaaaaay over priced. Even though Walmart may take longer its worth it to go there because as much as I hate to say it Walmart really is cheaper. For example a loaf of bread at publix was $1.70 for the cheap generic brand while at Walmart it's only a $1. Lean Cuisine is like $4 each at Publix and Walmart they're like $2.50. It may not seem like a lot right now but it really does add up. I usually spent about $50 on food a week at Walmart but one time I went to Publix and I only got half the food for $40.

I always went to Walmart. Yes like others have stated it was a bit longer to get there. However, they had everything in one place. You could buy food and whatever else you needed. And it was much cheaper, although infinitely more crowded. I went to publixs a couple of times just to get little things. But i'll be completely honest. I lived at Vista and I got really lazy by the end of my program (i was there Jan-Aug) and started just buying stuff at Walgreens, yes it was more expensive but it was also much easier.

I always went to Walmart. Yes like others have stated it was a bit longer to get there. However, they had everything in one place. You could buy food and whatever else you needed. And it was much cheaper, although infinitely more crowded. I went to publixs a couple of times just to get little things. But i'll be completely honest. I lived at Vista and I got really lazy by the end of my program (i was there Jan-Aug) and started just buying stuff at Walgreens, yes it was more ex*****ve but it was also much easier.

It sounds like Walmart is the best choice. where is the closest Walgreen's for emergencies or medicine (or that late night candy/popcorn run for disney movies!)?

It sounds like Walmart is the best choice. where is the closest Walgreen's for emergencies or medicine (or that late night candy/popcorn run for disney movies!)?

There is a Walgreens right across from Vista.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter