Best Phantasmic Seats (Panic Inside)

Jessfrogger88

Mouseketeer
I went last night and was dead center like eight rows back and it was a soak zone. It was a great view but it was hard to enjoy the show because i was getting soaked. Also the water effects were a little harder to see. Do those seats always get soaked or was it just the wind last night? I think the left is the worst area. Im thinking slightly to the right 20 rows back? What say you?

I have seen Fantasmic five times. Every time I have sat in a different place. I have arrived right before show time and thought I had a horrible seat. But every time it has ended up being a great view. I now no longer care where I sit.

We did the Dinner package last November to get the reserved seating and ended up way in the back to the far right (if looking at the stage) and we enjoyed the show regardless...I have to agree that we reallly aren't concerned about seating next time and will just be happy where ever we are located.

The wind makes a difference, for sure. We sat in the front row center and enjoyed everything last year. This year we were about 6 rows back but the wind carried mist off the fountains that kept our glasses fogged and eventually soaked us. I really like to be center because I'm neurotic about that kind of stuff and my vision isn't great, but I'll definitely check the wind from now on before I sit close to the front.

Some of the best seats truly are all the way in the bak. You really get the "Scope and Scale" of the whole production that way. Probably middle of the theater is the best, and midway to bak if you don't want to get wet.

Ok im panicking my girlfriend who never has seen fantasmic. Just saw the preview for it on the stupid travel channel and she didn't seem impressed. Please reassure me she will love it, she claims to love mickey.... I HATE THE TRAVEL CHANNEL it is spoiling all the suprises for my romantic weekend.

I think wind has alot to do with the areas that get wet.

And to the person who asked about their girlfriend liking it...I am sure she will LOVE it. Seeing a brief scene from it on TV is NOTHING like seeing the whole show in person for the first time. Kudos to you for being creative with the surprise!:thumbsup2

Yeah she says she is a huge mickey fan, but has never seen the show... I was really banking on her loving it and she thought the clip on tv was "lame"... but I haven't met anyone who hasn't liked it. right?

Ok im panicking my girlfriend who never has seen fantasmic. Just saw the preview for it on the stupid travel channel and she didn't seem impressed. Please reassure me she will love it, she claims to love mickey.... I HATE THE TRAVEL CHANNEL it is spoiling all the suprises for my romantic weekend.

If she doesn't like Fantasmic!, I don't think "the stupid travel channel" will figure much into the mix.

:lmao:

When it comes to Fantasmic, I am of the mindset that closer is not better. I have only sat in seats that most would consider "bad", but I was able to see great and didn't get enveloped in smoke or water. It seems like those who sit close also wouldn't see all the water effects.

We did the dinner pkg with seats to the right. Never got wet but sure could feel the heat. I'd say we were about 8-10 rows up.

When it comes to Fantasmic, I am of the mindset that closer is not better. I have only sat in seats that most would consider "bad", but I was able to see great and didn't get enveloped in smoke or water. It seems like those who sit close also wouldn't see all the water effects.

I can assure you (speaking as one who sits CLOSE) that not only can wer SEE all of the water effects... we FEEL all of the water effects! :goodvibes

We love to sit absolutely dead-center in the very front row (and have done so many times.)

The show is all-encompassing at that position.

We have had to wear our rain ponchos on selected nights due to strong incoming winds that carry the water mist over us in copious amounts... and we love THAT, too (just part of our own little MAGICAL tradition).

Ariel, Belle, Snow White (and their beau's) all dance by right our very noses.
When the fire erupts... we DRY OFF!
When the "Steamboat" comes by at the finale... all the characters wave right at us as they tower over our position.

LOVE it!

So, if you ever wonder who are the "crazy folks" are who choose to sit so darn CLOSE... on many nights, they are US.

And I'm not suggesting that anyone else NEEDS to, or SHOULD, sit down front ('cuz that might mean you'd get "OUR" seats!)

Here are links to my version of Fantasmic! shot from many different camera positions in the theater (from front-and-center, to Next-to-last row on the side.)

Sorry that the quality must be so severely reduced for posting on the web.

Fantasmic!- MGM In 3 Parts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A0tE3jOjYw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuutOB1hHOE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNy5BuTkyd0

I didn't know Disney changed the spelling of the name of Fantasmic! to Phantasmic?

It must be the wind, because I sat first row dead center and didn't get a drop wet, and certainly no smoke. Actually I was looking forward to getting wet.

The good thing about being center is for the audio as it relates to the 'storybook' boats. The lighting of the boats and audio coincide with their arriving center.

But no matter where your seat is, Fantasmic is one of the best attractions in the World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter