• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Parks for a 5 year old?

KDCHICK

Earning My Ears
We will be coming to Disney in February 2013 and staying off site. We plan on only going to a park or 2 for 2 of the days we are there. At the time our boys will be 18 months and 5 years old. What are the best parks for a 5 year old boy? He is into superheroes as well, any parks incorporate this at all?

All 4 of the Theme Parks offer a multitude of attractions suitable for and enjoyable for all ages.

So many rides and shows available!

(Superheroes, not so much.) ;)

:welcome: to the DISboards, KDCHICK!

No superheroes, sorry to say! Pirates, cars, and other fun things, yes!

I would say check out www.wdwinfo.com or an unofficial guide to Disney and see which parks seem most appealing to your family. Magic Kingdom is a must do, in my opinion, so I would plan on one day there if not both of your days.

Universal Studios has superheroes, if you aren't definite on Disney...

The Uni parks have superheroes. You'll hear a lot of people say that all Uni has is thrill rides, but it isn't true.

All the Orlando parks have thrill rides. All the Orlando parks have stuff for little kids.

If I had to pick just one park for a 5yo, without knowing anything about the kid, it would be the MK.

Frankly....a 5 year old could care less and will have a good time getting caught up in the moments for whatever you choose.

My son was 3 when we went last 4th of July and he did great. He loves Toy Story so he was fine. Jake and the Neverland Pirates along with Phenias and Ferb are all over now, so it will make it even better when we head back in Jan.

Hollywood Studios had Power Rangers there last time we were there in 2010 and of course Star Tours is there.

Hollywood Studios had Power Rangers there last time we were there in 2010 and of course Star Tours is there.

Power Rangers are gone...they left the parks in August of 2010 I believe, a few months after Disney sold the ownership rights back to the original US producer.

I have a 5 year old son...the ride he really liked the most was soaring (epcot) because it made him feel like he was flying like a superhero.

He also really likes dinoland in the AK (not Dinosaur the ride), just the amusement game section. Beware it is like a carnival and we usually end up spending a couple bucks to win some prizes.

In the Magic Kingdom, he pretty much likes everything except princesses and the haunted mansion. Really is a big fan of the tomorrow land speedway.

In DHS, he is a huge fan of toy story mania and star tours.

We have a 5 year old and our last trip was in January.

His favorites in order:

1. Magic Kingdom- He says it was Dinsey Studios but he had the most fun here. Tall enough for everything but would not try Space Mountain. Hated Haunted Mansion and Loved Buzz Light Year.

2.Disney Studios- LOVED the place- Favorites were star tours and fantasmic.
Too short for R&R coaster and would not go near Tower of Terror!

3.Animal Kingdom- Tall enough for everything except for Primeval Whirl. Loved the parade and the Neno show.

4.Epcot-He did like Epcot too. Favorite was Soaring. Chickened out on mission Space.

Some people disagree but I think Universal is themed for a little bit older kids and there is a lot of rides that require a higher height to ride. We are saving it for when he is 7 or so.

It depends on your kid.

The Magic Kingdom is a definite, because it has the most that everyone can ride. After that it's a tough call.

Epcot doesn't have a lot in the way of "attractions." It does have live entertainment throughout the day and hands on stuff in Innoventions.

Hollywood Studios is mostly shows. It does have some key attractions, but if your son is too short or too scared to ride the Rockin Roller coaster and the Tower of Terror, then you may run out of things to do quickly. It does have a Star Wars section with a Jedi Training Academy that you might be able to sign him up for (slots go quickly)

The Animal Kingdom is mostly animals. It does have quite a few things to do, but it really depends on your interests.

We were there two weeks ago and my son had just turned six the week before. We only went to two parks (not really my choice, but Disney was just a part of an extended trip).

At MK:

1. Space Mountain was his favorite
2. Big Thunder Mountain was a close second

At DHS:

Toy Story Mania was probably his favorite

He did also ride Star Tours, Tower of Terror and Rock N Roller Coaster. He didn't want to do RNRC a second time, and when I asked him why, he said the launch was kind of scary, but then he was OK.

It's all good, though.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter