Best park solo?

southernprincess1

Mouseketeer
What is the best park to visit solo? Magic Kingdom or Epcot? I'll be travelling with DH, this is a business trip for him and I'll have my days free. I can't decide which park to visit. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Hi
I had my first solo experience a couple of weeks ago, and LOVED wandering through the World Showcase; seeing things (and sipping/nibbling things!) I had never had the time for. From the henna tatoo, to the Givenchy make-up application, to the Kir Royale and Karamel Kuche timeout, it was sooo enjoyable.
Go for it! :cool1:

Definitely Epcot - you can take your time strolling across the world showcase and enjoying every attraction and shop and not feel pressured to move on or that you have to be mindful of your companion's pace.

I find the MK hard to do alone - so many of the rides, etc are things that I prefer to have shared experiences with. Well, except for Carousel of Progress which I have this very odd addiction to!

I have gone alone the past two years and its a different feel when you go solo. But I also find that I meet more people and strike up conversations with people from all over the world - so there is a benefit to being alone.

I will be there next week with a friend of mine who is there for buisness stuff. I have 2 days that I am on my own during the day, I am planning on wondering my 2 favorite parks Epcot & MK:thumbsup2

My favorite park solo is Animal Kingdom, because it seems to lend itself best to slowing down. My second choice is Epcot.

Hands down, in this order:

Epcot
DHS
AK
MK

MK has a lot of rides that take four people and you tend to get paired up with people.

Epcot you don't have to worry about that. DHS as well, since alot of the rides take multiple people and you don't worry about being paired with a bunch of people either.

AK has a few rides you do get paired with people in a row ( like the Safari) but most of it is shows.

If I was Solo (without my daughter) I would hop around to the different parks doing just the rides that I love... the bigger ones like ToT, RcR, Soarin', MS.... etc etc.... :thumbsup2

If I was Solo (without my daughter) I would hop around to the different parks doing just the rides that I love... the bigger ones like ToT, RcR, Soarin', MS.... etc etc.... :thumbsup2

Ooh, I didn't know we were allowed to park-hop in this thread! :p

I agree. If it's just one park, Epcot. But just one day? I'd do DHS at rope drop, grab a FP for TSM, ride RnR, ToT, do OMD, and then use my FP for TSM.

Then, bus it to MK. Ride CoP, Space, Thunder, Haunted, etc. Monorail to Epcot around 4 or 5pm. Eat dinner inside Epcot and spend the rest of the night there, finishing up by watching Illuminations.

Sigh. I wonder what flights to MCO are lookin' like right now... :rotfl:

I will be there next week with a friend of mine who is there for buisness stuff. I have 2 days that I am on my own during the day, I am planning on wondering my 2 favorite parks Epcot & MK:thumbsup2

I'm there next week as well on my own whilst my friend is at a conference. This will be first time and I'm really looking forward to it :goodvibes

I'm there next week as well on my own whilst my friend is at a conference. This will be first time and I'm really looking forward to it :goodvibes

Wildelady, What conference are you going to???

Okay everyone, your starting to make me question going to MK alone?? I am going to do Epcot, and was planning on doing MK just cause I love that park? Possibly I'll go to MK & see my favs, then park hop to see my other favs???:surfweb:

In all the times I've been to WDW, I've never been to a rope drop. Are they all the same or are some better than others???:confused3

Go to whatever park that most suits your taste. I don't think there is really one park or another that is going to make or break being solo.

I did the Magic Kingdom solo for a day and loved it because it meant that I could go on buzz lightyear 5 times in a row without apology and I rode Stitch's great escape without any whining. And when I decided to ride the TTA non stop for 40 minutes there was no one to say "No".

I also did DHS alone and loved it because I got to do all of the little things that others don't like to do like the animation studio and the Prince Caspian thing along with riding Toy Story Mania and Star Tours.

My friend did AK solo while I chilled at the hotel and loved it because she got to spend time just looking at the flowers and plants and animals and take a zillion pictures (okay maybe more like 428 pictures) which I would never do because AK is my least favourite park.

I can see the appeal of doing Epcot alone so you can go in and out of each of the countries and take as long as you like if that's your ideal Epcot day.

Bottom line - if it was your perfect Disney day - where would you want to go?

Ooh, I didn't know we were allowed to park-hop in this thread! :p

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Well hey - was just sayin what I would do, I dont parkhop lately cuz it is too much of a hassle with my daughter... maybe its just my wishfull thinking!! :laughing:

Sigh. I wonder what flights to MCO are lookin' like right now... :rotfl:

hmmm, I dunno.... Lets just go!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Wildelady, What conference are you going to???

Okay everyone, your starting to make me question going to MK alone?? I am going to do Epcot, and was planning on doing MK just cause I love that park? Possibly I'll go to MK & see my favs, then park hop to see my other favs???:surfweb:

In all the times I've been to WDW, I've never been to a rope drop. Are they all the same or are some better than others???:confused3

My friend is attending lotusphere

I know I have responded to this thread before but after today I think I could enjoy any park solo. Today I was at AK and hiked all the trails and went on EE. Enjoyed some shrimp at Rainforest Cafe when I finished and am now sitting outside on a bench in the sun peoplewatching. . .feels like paradise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter