• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best park for a Saturday? Epcot or 2nd MK day

Mercenary

To infinity and beyond!
With all the reports of busy weekends has me rethinking my park plans. Would you do your only day at Epcot on Saturday, less to do etc or 2nd day at MK? Considering it our 2nd day we may have already done most but it is our staple park etc.

If we had to cut a day short due to crowds I think Epcot would be a bit less of a bummer maybe?

And with all of the reports that epcot is empty and lacking energy maybe it would benefit from a weekend boost?

What say everyone. On Saturday, only day at Epcot or 2nd MK day before we head home Sunday

Last edited:
With all the reports of busy weekends has me rethinking my park plans. Would you do your only day at Epcot on Saturday, less to do etc or 2nd day at MK? Considering it our 2nd day we may have already done most bit it is our staple park etc.

If we had to cut a day short due to crowds I think Epcot would be a bit less of a bummer maybe?

And with all of the reports that epcot is empty and lacking energy maybe it would benefit from a weekend boost?

What say everyone.
EPCOT for sure. Enjoy the late opening by spending time at the resort or a big breakfast and then head to the park with low crowds

We are kinda in the same boat though our conversation is around AK or second day at MK. We go every year but this year it’s just my wife and I for the first time. Epcot seems a must for us with all the great food but we are going just 4 nights and 4 days. With the short hours and no park hopping it seems MK time is a premium and I hate to spend a precious day on a couple good attraction.

We were at Epcot this past Saturday and it definitely was not empty. Future World crowds were light but World Showcase had a decent F&W crowd (us included).

We love Food and wine also. I was surprised to hear the Epcot was dead. It's usually so busy during the festivals. We are looking forward to going in a few weeks.

I wonder if Disney is allowing larger capacity now, some friends of ours were saying DHS was packed last weekend.

Magic Kingdom. It is THE Disney park. I would take MK over any other park any day.

We did Epcot on a Saturday a few weeks ago and I would advise it over MK. It was busy, but our longest wait was Frozen for 30 minutes (45 min posted time). The craziest area was the F&W pavilion. Lots of people in there eating without masks. We were still comfortable, though.

Since Epcot opens so late, everyone seemed to get there for rope drop. I would advise, hang out, sleep in, swim and go later in the afternoon. If you want to ride Test Track, just get there before the storms.

We did Epcot on a Saturday a few weeks ago and I would advise it over MK. It was busy, but our longest wait was Frozen for 30 minutes (45 min posted time). The craziest area was the F&W pavilion. Lots of people in there eating without masks. We were still comfortable, though.

Since Epcot opens so late, everyone seemed to get there for rope drop. I would advise, hang out, sleep in, swim and go later in the afternoon. If you want to ride Test Track, just get there before the storms.
Kinda hard to eat with a mask on :D
I agree going later in the day is better

All good thanks all. sounds like I will move my only Epcot day to Saturday, and do my 2nd MK day during the week! Thanks all.

Storms? There are storms in Florida?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter