Best park for a partial day?

It depends, if we are staying by MK, then we go to the MK first, but we us usually stay at the BWI; thus, it is Epcot first. Nothing beats walking into the world showcase and grabbing a beer in the UK to start off the trip.

I agree with Epcot. Anytime we arrive and only have a partial day at a park, we get our 3 FP's at EPCOT, use those and head back to WS for the rest of the day and finish the day with Illuminations.

We normally go for 7 days and allow 2 full days for MK, one of them being our last full so we leave our trip with all the magical memories. We allow 1 day each for HS & AK, another day for Epcot then PH to a late night park or enjoy swimming a the resort, mini golf or DTD. We normally split the other day between any of the other parks that the kids want to spend them at (PH if needed) and then our last day we rope drop to one park that the kids mutually agree to for one last ride on their favorite ride then head to DTD for lunch, Goofy's and EoS for sandwiches to go to enjoy at the airport while waiting on our plane home.

We always start and end with MK. But we have a tradition. The first ride we all rode at WDW was magic carpets so that is always our first ride. When we only have a half day, we go in and start slow so we can just absorb the magic, ride what rides we can, and then we'll catch the electrical parade and leave during fireworks. Just kinda sets the mood of the trip for us. But we always go for at least 10 days so we have plenty of time.

As you can see by the responses it really is a personal decision. AK would be a waste to go to in the afternoon since they close early, but with FP+ you could really do whichever park you would enjoy most to start your trip. I hope you have a wonderful time.

I would do Epcot or AK. We have done both as first day later arrival parks.

You can accomplish quite a lot in the afternoon AK so it really depends on what you want to see/do

I'll thrown in a suggestion of AK. We can usually do whatever we want to do there in 3-4 hours, and crowds are often low in the afternoon/evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter