Best park clothes in August?

nancy01

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!
We will be leaving for the world in two weeks and this will be our first time there in August. All of our other trips have been in the fall or in March. I expect it to be extremely hot and humid and want to make sure we wear the best clothing possible.

What are your go to brands in terms of breathable clothing? We live in Ontario Canada if that helps. I'm used to wearing cotton when we go to DW but I've read that is not the best option because it holds moisture. I'm not super thin so I prefer capris over short shorts.

Any suggestions on comfy breathable shoes or sandals would also be welcome!

Thank you :-)

I live in Houston, so I'm used to the humidity. You want to focus on having polyester or another synthetic fiber that wicks away the moisture. I play a lot of golf, so I usually wear golf clothes and am fine. Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, and other sporting brands make good clothes. Also, it may not be often thought of, but make sure you have moisture wicking undergarments as well.

cotton is fine, as long as lightweight. only get synthetic/poly clothing that is specific sport "wicking" clothing, like Stay Dri, etc. designed for sweating. I always wear a light cotton tee shirt and long shorts or shorter capris. Make sure capris are also lightweight and not poly. I also wear a sun visor, lots of sunscreen, and even use a small umbrella for shade. Drink a lot of fluids. We love Aug. @ WDW!

I'm also from Ontario and go to Disney in Aug. Go to Superstore /loblaws. I've found that Joe Fresh has some great capris that are super light and will dry easily if theyget wet. Their athletic line also has shirts that are great for Aug. That being said, I have also survived in cotton.

I wear mostly cotton and I'm fine.

The biggest thing for me is to bring enough outfits so I can fully change at least once a day and/or plan to do laundry.

I gave up cotton 2 summers ago in favor of all microfiber/Under Armor type shirts and shorts. Much happier. Dries quicker, much more breathable, and they are usually bright neon colors so my family can find me easier lol

I love my cotton shirts, I have a collection of over 40 of them with great designs (many disney related) that I use to love to wear, but they did not do me well in the climate.

Hello everyone!
We will be leaving for the world in two weeks and this will be our first time there in August. All of our other trips have been in the fall or in March. I expect it to be extremely hot and humid and want to make sure we wear the best clothing possible.

What are your go to brands in terms of breathable clothing? We live in Ontario Canada if that helps. I'm used to wearing cotton when we go to DW but I've read that is not the best option because it holds moisture. I'm not super thin so I prefer capris over short shorts.

Any suggestions on comfy breathable shoes or sandals would also be welcome!

Thank you :-)
Teva sandals.

Going in September and have been keeping an eye open for sales on moisture-wicking *everything*. The only exception are shorts, and then I'm after pockets--the more the better. Light-weight running shoes are my preferred footwear; ideally a flexible, minimalist shoe with mesh upper pieces. I find they lessen sweating and are quick to dry out after a day in the parks.

I'm in Nova Scotia, and away from the coast it's been Florida-like weather since mid-June. Long stretches of 30C with high humidity. The only thing Florida has on NS at the moment are the daytime thunderstorms...could we ever use some rain here!

It's our first August trip too, literally in route right now lol. But, with suggestions from many friends who have-I agree on moisture wicking & dry fit anything. Got DH all shorts like that (mainly Columbia) and dry fit polos. For the first time, I'm bringing mainly tank tunic sundresses (various brands found on sale) with thin biker shorts underneath. Everything is soft, flowy, ventilated, and lightweight. Feels like jammies :P

We always go in August-- my best advice is to wear some kind of shoe that will not make you crazy if it gets wet (i.e. no socks!) because it will rain most afternoons. I wear shoes similar to Keenes and am so happy with them.

bring double the amount of clothes you think you will need. You will need to change clothes.

We have been in August a few times now (and heading back in 14 days!). I am also from Ontario (Toronto). And I am also not small and don't wear shorts if I can avoid it. SO my go-to is cargo capris (I've gone ones from Penningtons or Reitmans, Addition-Elle) that can be rolled up (so when it's poncho time they stay dry) with a tank top. We break mid-day for naps for the kids - so I typically change out of my damp clothes (thanks sweat/humidity/rainstorm) mid-day. Bring double the clothes or do laundry! My sandals of choice are Skechers Yoga Sling or Sanuk Yoga Mat - they are comfy, have a backstrap that is stretchy so they stay on your feet even when you are walking through a giant puddle or as rain is pouring off your poncho and down your legs. There is a Sanuk store now in Disney Springs!

Another Ontario traveler here:-) We've been every August since 2006 and are going again in 2 weeks - it's hot and I do not wear shorts. I love my Lululemon unlined capris / crops. I wear birks or runners, Lululemon capris and a tank top. I find they work best for me. Sometimes I will wear a sundress with bike shorts underneath. Good luck staying cool

My go-to outfit is athleta's bodega skirt (dries faster than cotton and comes in several colors) and underarmour tank tops. Skirts always seem so much cooler to me than shorts or capris. And definitely Keen's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter