Best "Paid VIP" experience

Goldbergd

Earning My Ears
This my sound like a stupid question but I just changed my hotel reservations using the 40% off promotion. Since I had already paid for the room in full I now have extra money in my pocket to use on the trip for someting special.

My dining is already covered, so what would you spend the money on. Is there a tour, show, etc that you've either done or always wanted to do that you would suggest.

Thanks

There is a special Wishes cruise and also a special Illuminations cruise that you can take. There are also a number of tours you can take, the most popular being the Keys To The Kingdom tour where you walk the tunnels under the Magic Kingdom.

You can find some info here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tours.htm

Love La Nouba, if you haven't done it yet. Also think Keys to the Kingdom is worth every penny. :)

We have done La Nouba, the fireworks cruises, parasailing, spa treatments, Keys to the Kingdom, both Segway Tours, etc.

Our all time favorite extra thing we have done is a private scavenger hunt through the MK arranged through the company Gifts of a Lifetime. It was a surprise for a future daughter in law to welcome her to our family. It was amazing and Jane (the owner of the company) and her pixies do an incredible job.

aqua seas tour. Best experience I've had at Disney. Breathless for Illuminations was good, around the world segway was good but Aqua Seas was awesome!

Backstage Magic tour - it's the longest and and you'll see a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff. Worth every penny. I think they've changed it from when I went in 2000 - you used to go in the computer room, which very few people get to go in, including CMs. In fact, as our tour group approached the computer room door, there was a Keys to the Kingdom group standing at the door and the CM was telling them about the tiny percentage of people who are allowed in...and then we walked right in past them. I often wonder if they time it that way on purpose. ;)

At any rate, it is a fantastic experience. That and Illuminations Cruises are the best things I've ever done at WDW.

Our all time favorite extra thing we have done is a private scavenger hunt through the MK arranged through the company Gifts of a Lifetime.

Thank you! I have been trying to remember this company for weeks. I have heard VERY good things about them. I will make sure to bookmark the link this time.

Thank you! I have been trying to remember this company for weeks. I have heard VERY good things about them. I will make sure to bookmark the link this time.

They will do any kind of custom experience you want. The attention to detail and the level of service was amazing. I'm not that easy to impress but this adventure was impressive. I keep wanting to take another new person just so I can come up with something else to use them again.

They will do any kind of custom experience you want. The attention to detail and the level of service was amazing. I'm not that easy to impress but this adventure was impressive. I keep wanting to take another new person just so I can come up with something else to use them again.

I really don't mean to hijack this thread. But do you feel like sharing any of the events you participated in? Not for me of course, but maybe for the OP :rolleyes:

Add another who loved the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Honestly I thought I might get bored but it was one of my all-time favorite things I've done at DW

The Backstage Magic Tour was really interesting if you're into the "how do they make this all happen" side of Disney. You get to seem some really interesting things and definitely gain a new appreciation for the magnitude of the whole WDW operation. (That said, although you get to go into restricted areas, you're not going to learn anything Disney doesn't want you to know.) Some people think the tour might ruin the Disney magic - it didn't for us.

La Nouba was also a fantastic show - I would highly recommend it.

I would go to see La Nouba again - there is just so much going on at once that it is hard to take everything in the first time. Backstage Magic was a once in a lifetime thing for me ... don't get me wrong, I'm glad I did it, but don't see any reason to take the tour again.

We did the Illuminations cruise this past Dec. We were pretty underwhelmed. The view we had was okay.

This next time, we're probably doing La Nouba and Behind the Seeds.

This upcoming trip we're doing (hoping to get) the Dine with an Imaginner, a Breathless illuminations cruise, and the aqua seas tour, and the wilderness back country segway tour. Heard wonderful things about them all.

We've done Around the World at EPCOT Segway and that was REALLY great (hence the backcountry one!) :thumbsup2 and we'd definitely do either this or another segway tour on every trip!

Also, La Nouba was fun for a night out, but I'd like to see more Cirque shows elsewhere (Vegas) before seeing it again.

This upcoming trip we're doing (hoping to get) ... a Breathless illuminations cruise,...

Have you checked to see if Breathless 2 is operational again? I had heard it had an an accident and was out for repair. I do hope they bring it back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter