Best Paid Breakfast Option onsite?

jennytablina

They Call Him Flash, Flash, Flash, Flashbeagle~
Just wondering, which breakfast option outside the hotel buffets and is the best option? (also prices if possible?)

I've heard good things about the Disneyland Hotel one but was wondering if it comes with characters at all or if it was just a fancy breakfast? Part of me would punt for the Character Breakfast at Cafe Mickey otherwise as we loved the character experience there when I went there last for a meal.

My parents were also curious about the Hotel New York one, which I think is cooked as I recall? I know Annette's has a breakfast option, but I suspect we'll only be paying for one breakfast (because we want to make the most of the Good Morning Fantasyland option all the same)

there was a recent thread along similar lines here :) -

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2855852

the breakfast in Inventions at the DLH is a fancy breakfast, its much much nicer than the one at Cafe Mickey. The characters at the DLH are situated just outside the entrance to Inventions in the mornings, so you would usually be able to meet a couple of them on the way into breakfast, and another one or 2 when you come out. There are generally no scrums in the DLH for the characters at breakfast time, its very civilised :goodvibes.

I wouldn't pay for another Cafe Mickey breakfast after having done the DLH breakfast - DD and I were smitten with it and we consider it an attraction in its own right :cloud9:.
Usually I grudge spending time eating in the main part of the park day, but we went for breakfast at the DLH just after 10am and I'd have no hesitation in doing so again. We were hungry enough at that time in the morning to do the breakfast offerings full justice, and we didn't need anything else to eat all day until dinner in the evening.

Agree with Elaine wholeheartedly but what I think needs adding is that the ability to have breakfast at DLH is not generally advertised i.e. it is not like a Cafe Mickey breakfast/attraction in that they advertise it as such. It is mainly for guests of the hotel but you can use and pay for it as Elaine has. That is not to say it's wrong to do it though! It's a fab idea :thumbsup2.

The Characters do not come into the restaurant like they do at Cafe Mickey but do congregate outside the area like Elaine says (in half hour slots, so 2 every half hour or so). When we stayed at the DLH the first time we had the characters almost to ourselves at times when going into breakfast which was great. The second time there were small queues to see them (but we were there early - I think going at 10 am ish is a fab idea and one we will probably do if we go stay in SL this time). If you are unlucky and there are quite a few people around the characters you won't get a huge amount of interaction with them - not like you will get at Cafe Mickey - photo op and a quick 'play' perhaps.

I'm not sure I've worded this very well - hope I've got the point across? :rolleyes1

A bit cheeky but can you just go in to DLH in the morning and see the characters even if your not having breakfast? x

yes you can - you can do this in all the onsite hotels :).

At the end of the day, no-one is to know where you are staying - you have paid a ticket price to go into Disneyland Paris so why not :goodvibes

The twice we stayed there, we could have literally just been walking around the hotel - no-one every asked us or stopped us. We always seemed to have a room quite far away from everywhere so we did a lot of walking (and sniffing of the nice smell!) in that hotel :rotfl:

Thanks to the great advice of everyone on here I have definately added DLH breakfast to my to do list for our next trip:goodvibes

yes you can - you can do this in all the onsite hotels :).

Thanks!

At the end of the day, no-one is to know where you are staying - you have paid a ticket price to go into Disneyland Paris so why not :goodvibes

The twice we stayed there, we could have literally just been walking around the hotel - no-one every asked us or stopped us. We always seemed to have a room quite far away from everywhere so we did a lot of walking (and sniffing of the nice smell!) in that hotel :rotfl:

Ha I am so excited! I might pop in her on our first morning so we defiantly start the the day of seeing characters!

I cant wait to smell DLH again last time we walked through they were painting and laying carpet :(

is it worth it at eating breakfeast at DLH? What does it cost if you are shareholders?

Christina - on the link Elaine posted earlier in her post I think it has the price - can't recall it as we've stayed in the hotel so it was included.

I have to laugh, there will be a stampede of people now wanting to pay to eat breakfast at the DLH :rotfl2:. It is a lovely breakfast though - although I always ate way too much and felt sick afterwards - tmi!

Tip - try the boiled eggs - not sure how, but they are perfect every time and still lovely and warm :cloud9:

is it worth it at eating breakfeast at DLH? What does it cost if you are shareholders?

if you're staying at the HNY, I don't think theres much point paying for breakfast at the DLH - its almost exactly the same breakfast choices that you have free at the HNY :). The price is 14 euros per adult for the DLH breakfast, 6 euros per child. I didn't ask for a shareholders price (it never occurred to me to be honest).

Can you upgrade from the hotel you are staying in to breakfast at DLH, or do you just have to pay full whack rather than a top up?

A bit cheeky but can you just go in to DLH in the morning and see the characters even if your not having breakfast? x

We used to visit almost all the hotels during a trip to see the characters, have a look round the shops and sometimes have a coffee or drink.

All the hotels are happy to receive Disney guests whether they are staying in the specific hotel, another Disney hotel, offsite or day visitor :goodvibes

Can you upgrade from the hotel you are staying in to breakfast at DLH, or do you just have to pay full whack rather than a top up?

no you can't, its full price you pay regardless of which other hotel you are staying at. Its still cheaper than upgrading from your hotel breakfast to the Cafe Mickey one.

I have to laugh, there will be a stampede of people now wanting to pay to eat breakfast at the DLH :rotfl2:.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I think Disney will be only too happy if there is! :rotfl2: I think it's only been available for non-residents for a couple of years but I bet it's a real money-spinner for them!

I think the reason they don't 'widely' advertise it is because they'd rather get the higher revenue from Cafe Mickey (which is fair enough as that is a 'proper' character meal) but they do promote it within the DLH - there's a sign up by the podium at the entrance to the restaurants.

Out of interest, I wonder if the New York hot breakfast is available to non-residents too?

yes it is Elaine - Carrie Cat went to the HNY and asked for us :goodvibes.

Oh dear, I probably read the thread but am having yet another senior moment ;) seem to have rather too many of those these days :lmao:

Thank you! :)

Tempted to do this next time - only so many times you can eat at the Earl of Sandwich for breakfast (as good as it is - walked past the one in London the other day and made me feel a longing to be at DLP!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter