Best Orlando Resort to spend a day? Water park a plus!

gigi1313

DIS Veteran
We are staying at a timeshare doing non-Disney stuff for a few days in April but just changed our flights and now have one night that the timeshare is sold out so we have to find alternate accommodations, and fill a day (although switching resorts will take some time). We don't mind paying for a decent place, and are hoping to find one with "built in" fun like a water park or other entertainment as we will not want to buy more tickets or admission to another attraction.

Please, give me all your best suggestions!

Well, if you wait until a last minute booking, or just pay through the nose, the Four Seasons has an amazing water park type place. They have a kids club that is great too. I think you can leave them unattended at age 3 or 4.

LOL!! I Just looked at Four Seasons, thinking, hmmmm, I'd be willing to spend about $400 for the right place, but OMGoodness! $2700 is the least expensive room for one night! YIKERS!

Gaylord Palms has a great waterpark for kids, and a wonderful indoor atrium with alligators. They also have a character meal, Shrek Feast, at Villa de Flora.....the food is incredible, and the character interaction is superb. Well worth a look.

Holiday inn club vacations orange lake. Kids will love it. Slides and water park. If booking online try to book water park room if only here for one night. Otherwise its a large property and you will spend to much time getting around. Stay right at river island. You walk out of your room and its all right there.

Gaylord Palms has a great waterpark for kids, and a wonderful indoor atrium with alligators. They also have a character meal, Shrek Feast, at Villa de Flora.....the food is incredible, and the character interaction is superb. Well worth a look.
I second this. I consider Gaylord Palms to be a destination in itself. I often tell people to put it on their to-do list while in the area, even if just for an hour or so to walk around and see the place and maybe grab a bite to eat. The atrium alone is a good reason to stay there for the day you need.

Also, Gaylord is now part of the Marriott family so if you happen to be a Marriott Rewards member, you will earn points on your stay.

Gaylord Palms! Rain or Shine you will be entertained. Also it is very close to Downtown Disney.

Or a Cabin at Fort Wilderness. There are a lot of outdoor activities to keep you entertained.

Well, looks like Gaylord Palms it is!!
Anyone know if they offer any transport to the airport?

Well, looks like Gaylord Palms it is!!
Anyone know if they offer any transport to the airport?

They do, for a fee:

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-info/...palms-entertainment/gwzd4ug/transportation.mi

Airport Shuttle Service

Gaylord Palms partners with Mears Transportation, a company providing Orlando transport service for over 60 years, to ensure you have a top-notch experience. A member of Mears Transportation can bring you from Orlando International Airport to the hotel as part of their 24-hour airport shuttle service. There is a charge for the service.

To secure your shuttle reservation, call Mears Transportation's
24-hour reservations line at (407) 423-5566.

I believe Mears charges by the person. If you are a family of 4 you may find a taxi is a cheaper price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter