Best option for family of 5

irish_trip_mom

Mouseketeer
After hitting a great SW sale yesterday, we are coming back to Orlando after a big hiatus. Kids are now tall enough for the fun stuff at UO, and it looks like for us (having one guy with autism), the best option is staying onsite for at least part of the trip. We usually do Deluxes at Disney, and I am seeing HRH as the only hotel with something similar there. Or will they do rollaways at the other hotels? Any advice is appreciated. Don't want to spend a fortune on the room, just because we are never there! (Seriously thought about packing up our trusty single air mattress that we use for many one night stays at hotels.)

TIA!

After hitting a great SW sale yesterday, we are coming back to Orlando after a big hiatus. Kids are now tall enough for the fun stuff at UO, and it looks like for us (having one guy with autism), the best option is staying onsite for at least part of the trip. We usually do Deluxes at Disney, and I am seeing HRH as the only hotel with something similar there. Or will they do rollaways at the other hotels? Any advice is appreciated. Don't want to spend a fortune on the room, just because we are never there! (Seriously thought about packing up our trusty single air mattress that we use for many one night stays at hotels.)

TIA!

www.universalorlando.com
check out the info on each hotel in the above website.

all the onsite hotels are wonderful and deluxe.
star service is a feature at the Loews hotels that will provide guests of anything they need.
you don't want to pay the $25 for the rollaway, call star service from your hotel room and have them bring blankets, linens, pillows to make a pallet on the floor for the 5th member in your group.

no charge.

many do bring aero matteress with them for that 5th person in the group if they don't want to go the pallete way for the floor.

discounts are available now for 3 nights or more stay.
AAA discounts also are available for any number of nights.

the TM in reservation can guide you for picking a hotel and rate for your stay.
they will give you correct info on room costs and discounts that are available.
they do have general public discounts as the stay more, save more is in effect for this year.

I'd recommend HRH, deluxe 2Q room. My family of 5 (myself, DH, DS17, DD15, DGS9) stayed in one last summer and were very comfortable. DH and I in one bed, DS on other bed, DD on rollaway, grandson on fold-out couch. We could have done without the rollaway, if we'd combined DH/DS, me/DD, and DGS on sofa. But we "splurged" that $25 for the rollaway! There was PLENTY of room for that and the fold-out sofa.

Our family of 5 stayed at Portofino Bay in a room with 2 queens and a sleep sofa. It was plenty of room.

I don't know how sensitive your autistic child is to noise, Ie: loud music. There is music at the Hard Rock.
The Royal Pacific is more calm, but the rooms are smaller.
The Portofino may be your best bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter