Best option for airport transportation

jdisnut

DIS Veteran
Hi! I once was a very active member of the Disney online community in the days before social media, but it has been a long time since I have closely followed this world. We're planning our first trip to the parks in five or six years next month. This time, we will have children for the first time -- twin toddlers who will be about six weeks shy of their third birthday.

In the past, I'd have simply taken Magical Express to and from the airport. That is no longer option. My initial instinct was to go with the new Mears shared shuttle, but I'm now seeing lots of complaints about that service, particularly regarding the time commitment involved. I'm not sure I want to have my children on a long bus ride immediately after a three-hour flight from White Plains.

Uber and Lyft aren't options for us I don't think. We really don't want to lug down two car seats in addition to all the other kid junk we will need to bring. I understand there are some private services that will provide up to two car seats and would also have room for our whole party of six -- my family of four and my parents.

What do you think is the best option for us? Stick with Mears? If not, which private service should we book? Money in this case isn't a massive concern within reason — we're willing to pay a few extra bucks for convenience.

Thank you for your suggestions!

There are a lot of private car services, many are recommended on here. Assuming you don't want to rent a minivan (when my kids were toddlers, we used the car seats on the plane), I agree private car is the best bet.

A couple of what seems to be popular ones...
FL Tours
Tiffany Towncar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter