best okw location to go to Disney Springs

TALB

Mouseketeer
We will be staying in a one bedroom at OKW. What is the best location to request to be near the boat that takes you to Disney Springs? Also, is there a walking path from OKW to DS? If so, what building would be the closest?

Hospitality house is where the boat dock is. You can take a bus from anywhere in OKW to HH.

:earsboy: Bill

You can walk to DS easily from anywhere at OKW. The closest set of buildings that will result in the shortest wLk is probably any villa in the buildings that start with 50. However you can’t walk back at night. There are some creatures you won’t wNt to meet and it is not lit. So you would either need to take the bus which would take you close to your building or the boat with a long walk back to Room or wait for the internal shuttle at the hospitality house.

Just how long of a walk would it be from OKW to DS? By the maps I have seen, looks like a really good walk.

55 is the building closet to the trail. We often request the upper level of this building. It has a nice view of the canal and it’s an easy walk to Disney Springs.

I don’t remember the exact length but I think it’s about a mile and depending on your speed, it’s less than a 30 minute journey.

Just note, this building puts you a ways from the hospitality house. It is, however, next to a pool and only a block from the bus stop so we find it terrific.

Don't forget that the path is not lit at night and you aren't supposed to use the path at night. It's about a mile long and you need to stay off the cart paths and golf course.

If you are planning on taking the boat to DS, you could get one of the villas on Peninsular Road (close to the bus stop) that aren't HH area booking. Those would be 27-29. Maybe a five minute walk to the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter