Best Off Site Resorts

Super excited to be staying at JW Marriot for a last minute trip in November. I love (most) Marriot resorts, there beds are the best, and I love the clean minimal look, especially since its just be and Hubby. This hotel looks beautiful (newly built), was a little pricey but JW editions usually are. So exited to enjoy a little relaxation at the hotel and fun in the parks. We are easy going so excited about this upcoming trip! Going with the flowwwww :fish::)

I had considered staying at the Swan so when I began booking this trip (April this year maybe sooner?) I checked it out. The prices were close to $400 a night. I just checked again (arriving 11/6), and that same room is like $650 per night! We are booked at the Port Orleans FQ for around $315 per night. Some of these room rates you would almost have to sell a kidney to be able to afford. It was tough enough for me to pay over $300 per night. The reason we are staying on property mainly is my husband is disabled. He has a lot of neurological issues in his legs, feet, and hands. (we will be taking lots of breaks in the park) I know the bus system will get us to and from resort in a decent amount of time. Parking a car and having to walk each day to and from just wasn’t something we were willing to deal with due to his issues. I really like PO so I’m excited. ☺️

Is there a good resource for getting shuttle information online? Like run frequency and the like. Or is it best to contact the hotel/resort directly for that type of information?

I had considered staying at the Swan so when I began booking this trip (April this year maybe sooner?) I checked it out. The prices were close to $400 a night. I just checked again (arriving 11/6), and that same room is like $650 per night! We are booked at the Port Orleans FQ for around $315 per night. Some of these room rates you would almost have to sell a kidney to be able to afford. It was tough enough for me to pay over $300 per night. The reason we are staying on property mainly is my husband is disabled. He has a lot of neurological issues in his legs, feet, and hands. (we will be taking lots of breaks in the park) I know the bus system will get us to and from resort in a decent amount of time. Parking a car and having to walk each day to and from just wasn’t something we were willing to deal with due to his issues. I really like PO so I’m excited. ☺
Swan is our preferred WDW hotel (stayed about 40 nights in last 5 yrs). Prices vary alot..in late August 2019 on a short notice stay I paid 118$ per night plus resort fee for a 6 night stay (lowest ever for me).. but average before covid used to be 200-ish. Post Covid prices are bit crazy .. before it was during some holiday weeks only. They have an annoying 35+ resort fee.

Have only ever stayed in rooms with a balcony (free or paid upgrade). Love the hotel even though the value has gone down since SPG days.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter